Thread: Wanted: 2015-2017 micra catalytic converter

Thanks

Wanted: 2015-2017 micra catalytic converter

Anybody knows where I can buy one or has one for sale please let me know, nothing wrong with mine I have the 2019 model and I want to buy one from 15-17 model because they have the flange at the end that I want so I can install my exhaust system I bought a long time ago. Thanks

Thanks
    what happened to the one you bought from rockauto ?
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    The one from rock auto was not a match it wasn’t even close to be honest so that was disappointing, and I’ve since then bought another from eBay from a Canadian company and it too wasn’t a match, so after that I put installing my exhaust in the back burner but now it’s off the back burner and I wanna do it. That’s my little update

Thanks
    if i need a cat im calling you first..lol, cant you cut one (of the many cats in your cat collection ) cats flange off, cut your new aftermarket ehaust system flange off and weld a flex pipe in ???
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    I’ve actually returned the 2 cats I’ve bought for “full refunds” just had to pay shipping back so that wasn’t terrible. I think what I’m going to end up doing is just cut the pipe between the cat and resonator where Nissan has welded it from the factory and get a generic 2inch flange or whatever size pipe it is there and weld it on there and then the exhaust should just bolt on like how I imaged it was supposed to in the first place. But in the meantime I’ve been checking junkyards and whatnot trying to see if I can find a relatively cheap oem cat that already has the flange on 🤷🏻*♂️

Thanks
    not to rain on your parade, but the "flex joint with flange and bellmouth and metal spherical washer" there are a bunch different sizes, you cant make it a solid connection between engine and exhaust, there needs to be flexpipe OR a complicated bellmouth and sphere joint to allow movement and i had big problems adapting between oem and aftermarket exhaust on 99 civic. i would pick the closest cat, cut the flange off it and weld flexpipe. you could solid bolt that to exhaust if u dont want to cut exhaust i guess(with a bunch more parts and work.) or cut both and weld in flexpipe, or make solid flange end on exhaust and flexpipe(for easy removal) and with braided flexpipe you wouldn't need to allow for movement between engine and exhaust... good luck!
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    Feb 2015 build

Thanks

I think there may be some confusion

I’m writing from my phone so I assume that’s why I can’t add a picture or I just don’t know how to. But in my 2019 model the manifold comes down and hooks into the cat and on the 2019 cats they already have flex pipe just after the flange that hooks into the manifold coming down so there’s tons of movement there and the exhaust im adding is just a catback not an entire system, so that’s why I was thinking I could just cut between the oem cat and resonator and weld a generic flange post cat and then the catback exhaust could just bolt on from there and go in smoothly. I’m thinking that’s the easiest way to do it

Thanks
    yes your right,so long as there is some flex somewhere..cutting both flanges and welding the cut exhaust to the cut cat might be the easiest
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    Feb 2015 build

Thanks
    Yeah that might be easier too, I won’t be the one welding my friend is a professional so I let him do all my welding so I guess it’ll come down to what’s easiest for him, I’ll have to make a post on here when all is said and done, I also got some gold rims coming in the mail any day now so things are looking up