Thread: Engine oil dipstick tube issue

Thanks

Engine oil dipstick tube issue

I went to get in my vehicle today and noticed tons of oil on the ground. Opening up the hood I could see engine oil spashed everywhere all over the engine and hood. I noticed the dipstick tube was misaligned/ popped up slightly and causing the dipstick to not properly register the actual amount of oil on it. Took it to Nissan, they say nothing is wrong as there is no recall on the dipstick tube or any known issues. My car spit out 3/4's of it's contents of oil and they say they can't find a problem. I think the dipstick tube is unseating itself from the engine block causing oil to blow by at that seal. Anyone seen or heard of this issue before?

Thanks
    Thats a very known issue for transmission tube sometimes people who couldnt take that stupid dipstick out they were undoing the bolt which was holding tube to the transmission housing. And way to fix it is to change tube o-ring.

Note that im talking about transmission dipstick issue and solution. Think same method can be applied to engine dipstick whats the difference tube is tube :-)

Thanks
    Thanks for the tip.

Thanks
    is it where the dipstick goes into the engine block or the dipstick goes into the tube? a VERY high crankcase pressure might "blow" the dipstickout?....does it keep blowing oil out?try opening the oil filler knob when the engine is running....if tonnes of air is blowing out thats a problem...PCV valve?,broken ring?
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    is it where the dipstick goes into the engine block or the dipstick goes into the tube? a VERY high crankcase pressure might "blow" the dipstickout?....does it keep blowing oil out?try opening the oil filler knob when the engine is running....if tonnes of air is blowing out thats a problem...PCV valve?,broken ring?
    It's the dipstick "tube" which seats into the engine block that seems to be the issue. The tube would pull out slightly and wobble around when pulling out the dipstick. Took it to Nissan, they saw all the oil which had covered everything under the hood. They shampooed the engine area, put more oil in, then claimed they could not find the leak. Nissan has no recall or issues with these tubes and would not replace it. Said I could buy a third party one if I wanted. Told to drive it and watch for leaks and bring it back if it does.

I'll try your suggestion re oil filler cap. Thanks for your help.