Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adding SR sill spoilers to non-SR Micra (thats what nissan calls them) / side skirts

Thanks

part number for side sills

Pocket, I just heard from Nissan Canada:

the applicable P/No for MICRA SR Side Sills (RH & LH set) is G68E0-1HA0H so your member can go into any dealer with that information and order them.
    Let us know what you find out (e.g. pricing).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (10-17-2014)

Thanks
    Omg thank you Very much

I do however find that number incredibly disheartening.... as i already gave them that number ( slightly different but the same.... G68E01HB0H ) and nothing... but this should make things a bit easier for me, and it should also work out in my favour now that I have to wait the 3 months for the car, i think they should put them on there for free.

http://www.nissan-aftersales.co.uk/a...on=true&page=3

http://glynhopkinpartsonline.co.uk/p...ide_G68E01HB0H

and there was another site i showed the salesperson, and yet no avail... got quoted for parts without a number.
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 07-19-2014 at 05:15 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I tried to look into whether or not I could get a painted one, because in EU they have the option to get painted ones ( because their up level trim like our sr, only comes in specific colours ) no luck with that yet... but I will dig deeper, as for the price I am ecstatic, 395.44 after tax for the pair ( at least i hope thats what your nissan connection meant ) so 395 plus say 500 for painting ( being overly generous to painter ) 895 is a far cry from the 1355 that i was originally quoted, so I am happy to say that I will probably be getting the sills put on the car as soon as it arrives!

MetroMPG you are a freaking saint! thank you so much

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hey guys, I am going to try these too. Have you seen yours yet PocketRocket? I am wondering if the skirt kit includes the brackets and rubber trim? My dealer is looking into it.
    Installation looks simple, I figure they snap right on (into existing holes in the rocker panels/fender arches) from what I can see comparing an SR with my car.

John.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hey late response sorry, have not seen them yet... and I believe they do attach to the existing holes along the underside. I have no idea if the skirt comes with the necessary hardware to install, because I got so pissed at my dealer they decided to guarantee the quote they gave me for the skirts.. and they will pay the difference if it costs more. However that being said i would not mind hearing how much the hardware costs to do the install... just to see if i got a good deal or not lol.

Thanks
    Thanks Pocket, I heard back from my parts guy: it is a complete kit with all hardware. On back order though, so may be a while. Will post up pics and such when it shows.

EDIT: I can confirm that the kit is indeed $349 unpainted.

EDIT# 2: Well that back order wasn't too long, and even cheaper than quoted for the kit! I having them paint for me. For anyone considering this, I can now see that there will be some drilling of the rocker panels needed, so factor in some extra $ if you not comfortable DIY.
    Should have this next week, but will depend on a warmish day for install, due to the long strip of double side tape on each skirt.

Will bump and post lots of pics as it happens.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by aftica; 10-08-2014 at 05:22 PM.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aftica For This Useful Post:

Daox (10-17-2014),NotASportsCar (03-02-2019)

Thanks
    Hey guys, I got my kit home today and I am very impressed. It comes complete with really good instructions (8 pages), all hardware, rubber sealing trim, and templates for the two holes one needs to drill. Looks like it will be a straight forward install.

Sorry about the crappy pic.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aftica For This Useful Post:

Daox (10-17-2014),MetroMPG (10-15-2014),NotASportsCar (03-02-2019)

Thanks
    Nice and warm today so I threw on the skirts. Very straight forward job due to the excellent OEM fit and really detailed instructions. I highly doubt that aftermarket skirts would fit this nicely, but you never know...

Couple things:
    1) The rubber sealing strip (along the top edge of skirt) is supplied in black and grey only, so if your car is another colour... that will contrast. It's the same with factory installed skirts. You could probably install without the strip if if this contrast bothered you, but I wouldn't recommend it, as it will go a long way towards keeping water and crap from degrading the two sided foam tape.

2) The long template for drilling the four holes (two each side) is accurate enough, but you need to flip it inside out when marking the right side. Instructions are not quite clear on this and one small brain fart and you have holes that will be slightly off.

3) The design is open along the bottom, so some road crap may accumulate over time...

Pics:

1) I only cleaned the area necessary for skirt installation LOL. Also, if you look close you can see that I have the rear ride height set a tad low. Ride height will be leveled and a little lower, when I get the front coil overs in.
    2) Detail of the rubber sealing strip.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aftica For This Useful Post:

Daox (10-17-2014),MetroMPG (10-16-2014)

Thanks
    Thanks for the notes.

Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    2) The long template for drilling the four holes (two each side) ...
    Where in the rocker are the holes? Any concern about future corrosion?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Where in the rocker are the holes? Any concern about future corrosion?
    Rust shouldn't be a concern, I painted any bare metal that the drill left, before pushing in the plastic grommet.
    They tell you to wrap the drill bit to remind you not to plunge so deep as to drill into inner rocker panel.

Ten Grand Tin Can