Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Rear Spoiler

Thanks

Aftermarket Rear Spoiler

Has anyone ordered an aftermarket spoiler? Thoughts on brand, quality, install, etc?

I just ordered one off of Aliexpress and was wondering if anyone had done the same? If not, would anyone be interested in a write-up? These are ridiculously cheap and as of right now, I have no idea what I'm getting!

Photo of what I ordered below...

Has anyone installed one??

Name:  nis2misu-nissan-micra-k13-2010-5d-roof-spoiler-1.jpg
Views: 2046
Size:  83.2 KB

Last edited by Vaszya; 02-28-2021 at 08:14 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra S manual: 7.8 L/100 km ... 36.3 mpg (Imp) ... 12.8 km/L ... 30.2 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vaszya For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (03-06-2021),lone wolf (01-06-2022)

Thanks
    I ordered my spoiler off of AliExpress, but the listing has since been removed. Sorry, I do not know the brand name or company that made the spoiler, but the one I bought looks just like the one in that picture you posted.

I chose a painted one for the sake of convenience. Although, I am not sure how well their paint matches with the Canadian Micra paints. I chose black to match my car, but I found that their paint had a colourful/metallic flake within. You can only really see it up close, but I could see that being a problem if you want everything to be colour-matched exactly. It was not really a big deal for me since I think the flake effect is pretty cool haha! I did find that the paint seemed a bit thin or perhaps was missing a protectant since it seemed to get scratches quite easily while I was handling it. I probably was not as careful as I should have been during installation, so I would advise you take extra caution if you bought a painted one.

As far as quality goes, I cannot really complain for the price I paid! I did not notice any concerning defects in the paint or overall shape and surface of the spoiler, although it is quite light. I am not sure if that's good or bad as far as spoilers are concerned, but I prefer it that way since it is just a decorative piece on my hatch and not being used for downforce or performance purposes.

The first time I installed the spoiler, I only used the double-sided tape provided in the package. It seemed to hold well until after a few days I noticed it was starting to lift up off the hatch surface. I ended up removing the spoiler and repeating the installation process again, but this time I used 3M brand double-sided tape and polyurethane adhesive to hopefully adhere the spoiler permanently. That was this past summer and the spoiler has not budged.

As for the actual installation process, the spoiler sits flush on top of the hatch so you should not really have to worry about misaligning it. The underside of the spoiler has a raised border around the outside which is where you mount the tape or adhesive. Just make sure that when positioning the spoiler, that raised border is making solid contact with the hatch surface.

I followed this video for installation: youtube.com/watch?v=WTL7oWWSHzs

Overall, the installation was not too difficult. I did it alone but a second set of hands would be helpful during the line up and mock up step.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Parmejohn For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (03-06-2021),lone wolf (01-06-2022),Vaszya (03-05-2021)

Thanks
    Awesome feedback, thanks!

I ordered an unpainted one & thinking to paint it semi-gloss black on a Caspian Sea blue car.

BTW, Love the look of your car! How do you like HKS exhaust & where did you get the 'molded' splash guards I saw in your garage page??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra S manual: 7.8 L/100 km ... 36.3 mpg (Imp) ... 12.8 km/L ... 30.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    No problem!

That sounds good! I think that combo was a factory option with the OEM SR spoiler! I'm excited to see how it turns out when you put the spoiler on!

Thank you!! The exhaust sounds great! The HKS muffler is well made and has an aggressive tone while not being too loud or annoying during highway driving. Just a warning though, the HKS muffler has a 2" flange while the stock resonator is 1" if I remember correctly. I ended up getting the 2" resonator from the Japanese Nismo March (Micra) to have everything bolt up correctly. Otherwise, I am sure exhaust shops could get it installed no problem, and your options would just depend on your budget and if you want to keep the flanges intact as opposed to directly welding pipe.

The HKS muffler is pricey though, but keep in mind it is made by a reputable brand with top-tier fabrication skills. I am sure you could achieve a similar tone from an experienced exhaust shop.

The molded splash guards I got from eBay: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/OE-Splash-Gu...UAAOSw0TxddVp8

These flaps are made for an overseas version of the Micra that has a slightly different rear bumper. The front guards line up exactly with the holes for the fender trim. As for the rears, they do not fit 100% flush against the bumper. When I had those guards on, I had just drilled holes into the bumper and there was a small gap present on the bottom of the guards. I think there is a guide someone made on this forum to install those type of guards.

Link: https://micra-forum.com/showthread.p...ermarket-part)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Parmejohn For This Useful Post:

Vaszya (03-06-2021)

Thanks
    Thanks for the info!

I've been constantly checking Croooober for exhaust options... But shipping charges are astronomical!
    https://www.croooober.com/en/cparts/...y=cparts&q=k13

Thanks
    Name:  CEC741DF-50FC-4A5B-87D5-1FE705D88CD0.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  5.8 KBanyone know how I can order this item please. Thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KISIMO282 For This Useful Post:

Vaszya (01-10-2022)

Thanks
    So it's been a half a year with the Ali Express spoiler... I highly recommend!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vaszya For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (12-24-2021),lone wolf (01-06-2022)

Thanks

Spoiler

Hi Parmejohn, could this be the AliExpress supplier you bought the spoiler from?. Thanks.

Autowan Car Accessories Store
    Contact

Factory Style Spoiler Wing ABS for 2011-2016 Nissan Micra March Unpainted Spoilers Wing 1pcs
    Ships From:
    China
    C$ 44.89
    Shipping: C$ 41.69
    via EMS
    Estimated delivery on Jan 22

Limited quantity available

Quantity:

Only 10 left
    DeliveryCanada
    Shipping: C$ 41.69
    From China to Canada via EMS
    Estimated delivery on Jan 22
    75-Day Buyer Protection
    Money back guarantee
    Autowan Car Accessories Store

Quote Originally Posted by Parmejohn View Post
    I ordered my spoiler off of AliExpress, but the listing has since been removed. Sorry, I do not know the brand name or company that made the spoiler, but the one I bought looks just like the one in that picture you posted.

I chose a painted one for the sake of convenience. Although, I am not sure how well their paint matches with the Canadian Micra paints. I chose black to match my car, but I found that their paint had a colourful/metallic flake within. You can only really see it up close, but I could see that being a problem if you want everything to be colour-matched exactly. It was not really a big deal for me since I think the flake effect is pretty cool haha! I did find that the paint seemed a bit thin or perhaps was missing a protectant since it seemed to get scratches quite easily while I was handling it. I probably was not as careful as I should have been during installation, so I would advise you take extra caution if you bought a painted one.

As far as quality goes, I cannot really complain for the price I paid! I did not notice any concerning defects in the paint or overall shape and surface of the spoiler, although it is quite light. I am not sure if that's good or bad as far as spoilers are concerned, but I prefer it that way since it is just a decorative piece on my hatch and not being used for downforce or performance purposes.

The first time I installed the spoiler, I only used the double-sided tape provided in the package. It seemed to hold well until after a few days I noticed it was starting to lift up off the hatch surface. I ended up removing the spoiler and repeating the installation process again, but this time I used 3M brand double-sided tape and polyurethane adhesive to hopefully adhere the spoiler permanently. That was this past summer and the spoiler has not budged.

As for the actual installation process, the spoiler sits flush on top of the hatch so you should not really have to worry about misaligning it. The underside of the spoiler has a raised border around the outside which is where you mount the tape or adhesive. Just make sure that when positioning the spoiler, that raised border is making solid contact with the hatch surface.

I followed this video for installation: youtube.com/watch?v=WTL7oWWSHzs

Overall, the installation was not too difficult. I did it alone but a second set of hands would be helpful during the line up and mock up step.

Thanks
    Exact same as the one we have, keep looking - you'll find it cheaper. I bought the unpainted one for 10$ & painted it semi-gloss black
    Name:  Micra rear 3.4.jpg
Views: 1219
Size:  59.5 KB

Thanks

Hi Vaszya.

Thank you Vaszya!, good to know is the same one that you already have.
    I'll keep looking and see if there is one even cheaper.
    By the way, I like the rims you installed, are they the same size than the original steel ones, because they look a bit wider?.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaszya View Post
    Exact same as the one we have, keep looking - you'll find it cheaper. I bought the unpainted one for 10$ & painted it semi-gloss black
    Name:  Micra rear 3.4.jpg
Views: 1219
Size:  59.5 KB

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lone wolf For This Useful Post:

Vaszya (01-10-2022)