Thread: Driver Side A pillar Water Leak at Top. (Update: solved.)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Driver Side A pillar Water Leak at Top. (Update: solved.)

Noticed a few weeks ago that the headliner on my 2016 (purchased Jan 2017) was wet just above the A pillar plastic cover. I used a napkin to absorb the moisture thinking maybe it was water coming in through an open window, but the wetness returned.
    I believe its the windshield seal at the top upper corner that's leaking so called a glass shop & they estimated 400$
    to remove & re-install the windshield but warned it could break so Id have that added cost.
    They suggested a local shop that specialized in leak repairs & suggested I contact Nissan Canada 1st even though my 3 year warranty is up.
    I phoned Nissan Canada & they said I needed to see a Nissan dealer to verify the problem is real & created a case number.
    I phoned the closest Nissan Dealer & spoke with the Service Manager who was dismissive at 1st saying Nissan
    never compensated windshield seal issues after warranty & if I brought it in they would charge for the leak test & any repairs made & then I would be on my own with Nissan Canada.
    I was told it would be better to go to my initial dealer also, except I mentioned I will never take my car there again
    after receiving poor service there & I was planning to use their dealership in future.
    I mentioned the car had always been maintained by only Nissan & that the windshield was original & no visible damage & that seemed to change his attitude after he verified the Nissan service records.
    I was told to bring the car in for a free leak test, which the Manager decided wasn't needed as it was probably
    just condensation under the headliner & that the carpets should be soaked (which they are not) & to monitor.
    I had the car sitting outside & after a heavy rain the liner was wet again & the interior was bone dry, no wet floor mats etc. to cause internal condensation so I took the car back yesterday.
    They had a technician come out & he commented "its soaked" when I showed him the inside of the headliner after pulling away the moulding & I also mentioned the passenger side was bone dry at the same position.
    The technician commented that it could be a windshield seal or body seam that is not under the rubber strip but closer to the edge of the roof.
    I have applied duct tape to the suspected leak area (seems to stop any further leaking) & they plan to do a bubble test with compressed air next Tuesday.
    Wish me luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jimwilly For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-25-2021)