Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2021 Micra / March gets a facelift / new front end

Thanks
    Sorry......I didnt realize that S.K. was a mechanic/car reviewer that dare not speak its name on here......it took me awhile to cotton on to his clickbait titles.....lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.5 L/100 km ... 33.1 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    For my fellow Micraphiles.....I thought you might get a kick out of this video from India.....Nissan ended production of the Micra in India in 2020, along with the Renault Pulse in 2017 ..Even though I dont understand a word of Hindi, it was fairly easy to follow this vid.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYeS9ez-a6g

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.5 L/100 km ... 33.1 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yeah, just like this one, but its in English: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Maestro For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (03-26-2021)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    If only Nissan Canada was smart and wanted to get a new Micra instead of the K14 and still maintain the Micra market as a low budget entry offer since this was what Nissan Canada was originally targeting the purpose of bringing the Micra here, they could’ve waited for two more years and gotten this face-lifted Mexican March instead of discontinuing it. Besides the Micra in Canada was a big success over here and there was no reason for it to be discontinued.

Thanks
    I'm guessing the reason they killed it was because the Kicks and Versa makes them more money as their entry level vehicles.

The Kicks (starts at $20k) is outselling the Micra's old sales numbers. The Versa (starts at $16.5k), not so much.

I hate tall, subcompact CUV's. But for some reason, everybody wants CUV's & SUV's these days.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

Mexican Micra 2021-22

I love the new look of the 2021-22 mexican Micra. Third most sold car in Mexico. Wouah! I hope it will come back in Canada one day. For many reasons, i prefer this one over the new european Micra. Don't know how it would cost to buy it in Mexico and have it delivered here.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Claude For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (12-06-2021)

Thanks
    I have to say the new front end is growing on me too..I dont find the new European Micra attractive at all either..and it would be nice if Nissan would bring the Mexican model back to Canada.....but most manufacturers simply make more money with SUV's and COV's....and as MetroMPG stated earlier, no one seems to want to buy small hatchbacks anymore in Canada, but SUV's and COV's....Its funny, but I have had numerous people come up to me in the last month(usually women) and comment on how "cute" my vehicle is.....I have to say I agree.....I like it because of its older design, and small size, it really looks a lot different than most new vehicles out there today....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HammyJ View Post
    I have to say the new front end is growing on me too..I dont find the new European Micra attractive at all either..and it would be nice if Nissan would bring the Mexican model back to Canada.....but most manufacturers simply make more money with SUV's and COV's....and as MetroMPG stated earlier, no one seems to want to buy small hatchbacks anymore in Canada....Its funny, but I have had numerous people come up to me in the last month(usually women) and comment on how "cute" my vehicle is.....I have to say I agree.....I like it because of its older design, and small size, it really looks a lot different than most new vehicles out there today....
    Had a similar thing - a fellow in a half-ton truck rolled his window down to chat about the car at a red light - telling me he bought the white 2015 Micra following him. Was really happy to find it. Lots of questions and dag nab it I forgot to mention the forum! I was so surprised.

The EU Micra is not something we would buy as it has pretty serious blind spots but the same Micra in Mexico with the face lifted is nice. We would buy that to replace the 2015 Micra we have but alas Nissan is not smart enough to bring it in to Canada.
    But if they added a CVT to the Micro RUN for the hills....terrible transmission.
    Last edited by GreatWhite; 12-06-2021 at 10:44 AM. Reason: added CVT comment

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GreatWhite For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (12-06-2021)

Thanks
    That's great to hear......I think Nissan needed to do a better marketing job on the Micra, but I guess small SUV's and COV's are what most people want today. I think there is still a market out there for a roomy small hatchback that gets good gas mileage and is extremely reliable, and solidly built....I close the doors of my Micra, and I love hearing the almost Germanic "thunk".....some of the newer Nissan SUV's sound almost tinny in comparison, imho... For fun, I tried out a Nissan Kicks, and found the interior cabin extremely cramped....and of course, they all have CVT's now...which even Nissan service managers have told me to avoid......lol Gas prices have moderated for now....but when we see their inevitable climb back, I suspect people will be looking for inexpensive, roomy reliable hatchbacks yet again....I forgot to mention that I bought my Micra 2019 SV with 3000k for $13,500 plus tax, and Im seeing 2019 Micra SV's with much higher mileage going for 17K now.....crazy!

Last edited by HammyJ; 12-06-2021 at 10:44 AM.