Thread: Bulletin# NTB20-016 (head unit bluetooth connectivity issue)

Thanks

Bulletin# NTB20-016 (head unit bluetooth connectivity issue)

In nissan techinfo there is bulletin available numbered NTB20-016 to get that info you have to select USA not Canada.
    In usa there no sales of micras recorded as per their website which means you couldnt buy micra in usa in 2017-2019. Bulletin is assigned to micra 2019.

If you choose country/language as Canada there is no such bulletin available.
    Retreiving details of same bulletin which is for nissan note,versa, kicks trim level s only says that its for iphone and head unit bluetooth connectivity issue which can occur intermittently.

I called bunch of dealerships and noone has idea of that bulletin for micra. Called nissan canada as usual waste of time they are just useless. Called nissan connect canada - as expected waste of time. Then called nissan connect usa whose customer service was magnitude higher than Canadian one. They still couldnt verify if that bulletin applies for micra but verified that head units are same electronically. Then just asked to continue deal with Canadian customer care representatives.

Are there any techs from nissan here in the forum who can answer whats going on with this bulletin?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Plutus For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-25-2021)

Thanks
    So here's the actual bulletin NTB20-016b and what it is about, which is handy information.

'The radio intermittently reboots while audio is played from a Bluetooth® connected iPhone.'

It seems Nissan may have updated the bulliten ('b' designation?) and removed the Micra from the bulletin, if it was there in the first place.

The Micra does share some audio systems with the Versa Note, so if you've got a Micra with a factory touchscreen head unit, it might be worth pursuing a firmware update with your dealership to fix/prevent the issue.

Cheers

Name:  NTB20-016b pg1of10.jpg
Views: 1497
Size:  90.8 KB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shrugsarefree For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-25-2021)

Thanks
    I know what that bulletin is about. My question is why its not available in techinfo for Canada but available for USA micra even though there is no such a thing. If there is no micra in usa how come bulletin is assigned to “them” but not to “us” where micra is available?

Thanks
    What I posted is for other interested parties who may want more detailed info on the bulletin.

The .pdf link is there so folks can use it as a reference for themselves or for their dealership should they wish to do so.

If there is no micra in usa how come bulletin is assigned to “them” but not to “us” where micra is available? - Well, it's not assigned to the Micra in the USA per the bulletin (Micra isn't mentioned), so I'm not sure what you mean by this.

If you're asking why there isn't a Canadian version of the bulletin for the vehicles mentioned that includes the Micra, I don't know.

I suppose it's possible that the equivalent Canadian market vehicles, including the Micra, don't have the specific model head unit and/or the buggy firmware version installed.

As mentioned previously,
    it might be worth asking the dealership about firmware upgrade availability, as a fix or as a preventative measure, since the head unit and buggy firmware in question may be installed in certain Canadian Micras.

I would suggest that if the problem in the bulletin isn't presenting itself, then there's nothing to worry about.

Name:  NTB20-016b models.jpg
Views: 1478
Size:  100.7 KB

Thanks
    Not to go page by page here is the whole bulletin:
    https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...73555-0001.pdf

May be its a mistake by nissan to put in micras section on techinfo.

“ I would suggest that if the problem in the bulletin isn't presenting itself, then there's nothing to worry about.”
    If the problem is not showing itself that doesnt mean that there is no problem it will show someday in future :-) . Ive gone through this couple times.

Thanks for the input in the thread though!

Question is still open for answers.
    Last edited by Plutus; 02-02-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks
    Are you having the BT issue in your Micra?

It's certainly still possible that certain Canadian Micras may have the issue, so it may worthwhile to have the dealership look into it as I mentioned before.

Your link is to the original NTB20-016 bulletin, which has since been amended twice by Nissan to version 'b'.

The Micra isn't mentioned in the original or 'b'. It can be safely assumed it's not mentioned in version 'a' as well.

Can you please post a link to the Nissan tech info site where you found the Micra listed for this service bulletin?

From bulletin NTB20-016b:
    Name:  NTB20-016b ammend.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  42.6 KB

Name:  NTB20-016b history pg10.jpg
Views: 1471
Size:  84.1 KB
    Last edited by shrugsarefree; 02-02-2021 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks
    I cant give a link its kinda not working that way i can direct you how to get there.
    Nissan techinfo go to north america(tap the map)
    From there leave language usa/english (i.e. leave the way it is dont touch it)
    And choose
    Micra
    Its 6th subject/bulletin from the top

Now do everything exactly same except change usa/english to canada english.
    And you will see that bulletin is missing.

From original version to version b all they are doing is just adding more and more models. Cos system is same so im sure there will be new revisions too c,d,e etc.

Thanks
    So here's the site I think:

https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/

The techinfo site seems to be part of the Nissan Global site... I was not aware this was a thing!

It seems you need to register and have a paid subscription to actually access any of the information/documents though. If you're not a dealer you'll only get access to 'restricted' parts of the site... whatever that means???

Searched iPhone as the keyword for Micra under USA-English and the bulletin comes up.

Searched iPhone as the keyword for Micra under Canada-English and it does not.

It seems Nissan has left the Micra in the drop down menu for the USA, which is clearly an error on their part.

There seems to be many other bulletins for the Micra when you search Canada-English without keywords... Interesting!

Cheers.
    Last edited by shrugsarefree; 02-02-2021 at 08:24 PM.

Thanks
    Yeah all bulletins i was getting from there. So now you understand why i am confused about what i tried to describe in the first post.
    If no micra in usa how there can be a bulletin :-))))

Thanks
    This happens to me all the time. When I brought it up at the dealership they said they couldn’t reproduce it. Happened with my iPhone XS as well as my 12.