Thread: Aluminum Alloys For Sale with Upsized Versa Tires (to correct speedometer)

Thanks

(Sold) Aluminum Alloys For Sale with Upsized Versa Tires (to correct speedometer)

Hi all, I'm trading in my 2015 Micra SV for a 2021 Sentra SR and I'm looking to sell my summer alloys. They're Unique 830 15 inch rims with Motomaster SE3 All Seasons mounted. The All Seasons are 185/65 R15 (Versa size) to correct the speedometer issue. The upsized tires fit perfectly on the Micra and do not rub on stock ride height. All four tires are at about 50% life with even wear and all four rims are in good condition aside from a few minor scuffs/chips. I'm looking to get around $350 for them, but I'm open to anyone's best offer. The rims come with 19mm lug nuts that are sized to fit on the Micra's studs and wheel spacers that have been fit specifically for the Micra. I've enjoyed these rims for several years and would like to see them go to another Micra enthusiast who would appreciate them and take care of them. I'm really sad to see the Micra go and I wish I could keep it, but I don't have the space; and I got a really sweet offer on the 21' Sentra with a butter smooth 6 speed manual and all of the comfort and safety options I want for my commute. And knowing Nissan's history, I didn't want to wait to find out if they'd keep the 6 Speed manual beyond this year (looking at the Sentra Nismo that they brought back for only one year). I've attached pictures of the rims if anyone's interested. If you are, you can reach me via email at nquirkit@gmail.com or just leave a reply to this thread. I'm in the GTA/Oshawa area and will take precautions (wearing a mask, keeping 6ft distance) to ensure COVID safety regulations are met and to keep us safe. Thank you, I'll really miss the Micra Forum community and all the years of interesting topics

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by My Micra; 04-26-2021 at 02:14 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to My Micra For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (01-29-2021),MetroMPG (01-29-2021)

Thanks
    Nice looking alloy wheels. I prefer them to the look of the Nissan Micra SR 16" wheels. Did you find they made a noticeable difference in handling or ride quality?.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.5 L/100 km ... 33.1 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I've definately noticed that the speedometer is much more accurate when compared to my GPS and Waze. Handling is definately solid and as far as ride quality, I found that the larger tires absorb speed bumps and potholes a lot better than the stock tires. I originally upgraded the all season tires, but not the winters and I always dreaded putting the winters on because of this. But I've since upgraded the winters to the same size. However, I'm trading in the car with the winter tires on. But since the dealer won't offer extra cash on trade in, I've decided to private sell the summer alloys since I believe they're worth more than the factory steel rims with the winter tires. Top speed in 2nd gear went from 77 kmh to 86 kmh and throughout the range (with my 5 speed manual), I've felt that the bigger tires feel more solid and offer a much better drving feel than the OEM size and it helps the Micra rev lower on the highway which has resulted in much better fuel economy (6.2L/100 km to 5.8 l/100km on the Micra's fuel economy screen)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to My Micra For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (01-29-2021)

Thanks
    After driving my mom's Versa, I've felt that the Micra and the Versa Note feel very similar in their driving dynamics, but I've definately found that the Versa feels more refined. So I figured that if the Versa and the Micra share similar components, they should also be able to share the same wheels. So I tried out the Versa tires on the Micra and I was blown away at how different the car felt and how it changed how my Micra handled bumps and acceleration/handling. Canadian Tire was more than willing to upsize my tires without question and even offered a warranty if anything went wrong. I've been driving on these tires for about 3-4 years and decided to upgrade the winters last January

Last edited by My Micra; 01-31-2021 at 04:23 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to My Micra For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (01-29-2021)