Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Malfunctioning fuel gauge?,2019 Micra SV, 5000 km's......

Thanks
    Thank you!......I think I discovered the same thing with the last tankful. I was trying to get to an "even" figure on the pump....and kept going over....so I put in close to 40 L.......and the gauge did sit at the top longer......as a "newbie" I'm still figuring out all the Micra's quirks......

Last edited by HammyJ; 02-25-2021 at 12:41 PM. Reason: spelling errror...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.5 L/100 km ... 33.1 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Im not sure.....taking it in soon for its first oil change and I will ask about that......Thanks!.......

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.5 L/100 km ... 33.1 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    What can effect your mileage is gas station’s gas itself. Thats why its better to stick with brand name ones vs non branded ones. Usually brand named ones have more sell volume which means their gas is mostly “fresh” and also pumps and everything else is functioning. Non branded stations are sticking with suppliers like parkland in ON which can deliver any branded gas petro canada, shell, exxon etc. and because of low volume their gas is not that “fresh”. But again it depends on the station lets say if you have pioneer station with lineups every day vs petro can which is selling 3 times less volume then its obvious that its better to stick with pioneer in that case. Also i would avoid new gas stations. They might have tank leakage problems that they dont know yet. Better to switch to new ones when they are functioning few months without an issue.
    When they are getting new gas lets say 87 octane over time that antiknock value is changing becoming 86-85-84 etc. and by reducing octane its burning unefficient giving less heat and accordingly less expansion force which leads you to give more gas through pressing bit harder on acceerator pedal which itself leads to more gas consumption per km.

Kinda simple non too technical explanation.