Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malfunctioning fuel gauge?,2019 Micra SV, 5000 km's......

Thanks

Malfunctioning fuel gauge?,2019 Micra SV, 5000 km's......

First tank of gas....no problems.....second tank.....no problems......third tank.....I noticed at around 40km driven, the gas gauge registered about one quarter empty.....then a few clicks more....it appeared to be a third empty. I toppped up the gas tank, thinking it might be bad gas, or someone somehow is siphoning gas, or I have a gas leak... Initially no problems, then the same thing happened again....I came home, turned around in the neighbours driveway which has a substantial dip....and the gas gauge returned to where it should be for the amount of driving I have been doing......Has anyone else had problems with their gas gauges misreading?I take it into the Nissan dealer on Monday. I hope I havent bought a lemon(because that would just be my luck) If so, its going back to the dealer....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.5 L/100 km ... 33.1 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Mine is not perfect too may be plus minus 10 litres. Its not bothering me though. May be there are pockets in the tank design when you are in perfectly level surface its showing one thing when its on a steep angle then its a bit off some of my previous cars had that problem so im ok with that.
    But keep us updated after dealership visit.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Plutus For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (01-22-2021)

Thanks
    Thanks Plutus......I'll keep you posted......I may just have them go over the car for good measure.....as the Chrysler dealer I bought it from Im starting to have doubts about.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.5 L/100 km ... 33.1 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Took my Micra to my local Nissan dealership today......Report read Fuel gauge function....ok. Scanned vehicle for codes.....none found. Verified engine control module software up to date. Complimentary Nissan Multi point inspection.

The service tech said it might have been poor quality gas.....will stick with a "name" brand from now on.

All this and a car wash free of charge. My love affair with the Micra continues......

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HammyJ For This Useful Post:

Plutus (01-26-2021)

Thanks
    Poor quality gas wont affect fuel gage reading. But good that they confirmed nothing is wrong. Btw did they updated head unit? There is a new update available.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Plutus For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (02-25-2021)

Thanks
    Never had this issue with the Micra, but my mother's Versa Note has an issue where she will fill up the gas tank and it'll still read 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, or even in rare cases, 1/8 full. Then as she drives, the gauge will slowly climb up to full one bar at a time until it's either full or just under full. But it usually returns to full within about 15-30 mins and seems accurate after that

10. The Following User Says Thank You to My Micra For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (01-27-2021)

Thanks
    Thanks for the info.......the problem seems to have resolved itself......the dealer could find nothing wrong, either......but it definately "out of kilter" for a day.....

Thanks
    Glad it's resolved!

The "poor quality gas" line is BS. The fuel gauge itself doesn't care if you pour gasoline or beer in the tank! It's just a fluid level sensor.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (02-25-2021)

When I stop filling at the first click I maybe put in 33-36 litres it drops faster then expected.

When I fill and keep making it click I get 35-38.5 litres and it sits at the top longer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (02-25-2021)

Thanks
    Thanks!.......Yes, I would agree.....the car got unusual crappy gas mileage that tank( I bought that tank at a discount grocery store place), however, and thats what the Nissan tech was addressing....I have been using Shell and Chevron gas since, and as well, the problem seems to have resolved itself. I put part of it down to being a new owner and having a bit of a lead foot that week..... I will try another tank from the grocery store(that is where I do the majority of my shopping and they offer discounted gas for large purchases) and see if it makes a difference.