Thread: Hatch Light Draining Battery

Thanks

Hatch Light Draining Battery

In November I bought a new Micra off the showroom floor and was told they needed to replace the battery as the car wouldn't start. They also claimed the other Micra on the lot suffered from the same issue. I noticed that the hatch light didn't always shut off when closing it which was difficult to see in the day as it's slightly obstructed. I suggested to them that this was what was causing their batteries to drain down and to adjusted the hatch to allow a tighter fit. They took it in the bay and adjusted the hatch latch which then solved the problem. So, just an FYI in case anyone is suffering from a battery losing power, this is something to look for. Cheers!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jesse1d For This Useful Post:

Parmejohn (01-21-2021),Plutus (01-21-2021)

Thanks
    Mine definitely doesn't always close properly. Luckily i noticed it the first time it happened, so I'm always checking the might to make sure. I can feel the difference now when it's closed properly or not. But still can't tell why, I don't close it any differently. Seems like colder weather plays a part for mine at least.

Thanks
    I think the hatch lock can be adjusted and lubricated so the light interlock switch makes better contact.