Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Horn replacement

Thanks
    Gracias. Much better!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Indeed, however, I'm afraid I might have messed with configuration of the panic alarm/alarm. That in the best case. In the worst, I'd have to make some other connection to the car alarm. I'm also having trouble with the remote lock/unlock door controls.

I'm taking the car for the free first 1k revision. I hope not to have any trouble related to the warranty though, just some reconfiguration and everybody happy.

Thanks
    hey Sebastian that looks awesome bro! ''Dual'' anything is always better and it sounds much manlier than stock

I guess you South American guys can get away with rocking the magenta...but personally, I would have given it a shot of flat black... just in case a buddy looked through the grill, only to look back at me over his shoulder with one raised eyebrow and a kinda squinty eyed expression.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Haha, yes, the roadrunner horn that origially came was a drag, here in Bogota is a survival tool specially in a small car like the K13. And yes you are right, painting them would help. The installation is pretty obvious though, the both horns couldn't fit in the same screw the original was in, so I had to place one in a more superficial hole, that making it VERY visible when you pop the hood, more than kneeling down to look through the grille. /:
    Last edited by Sebastian; 01-09-2015 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    Indeed, however, I'm afraid I might have messed with configuration of the panic alarm/alarm. That in the best case. In the worst, I'd
    Let us know what you find out.

I suppose the factory horn is tied to all that. Did you simply change the original horn connection to the new horn, or re-wire it somehow?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I added a relay, always the best choice, and more importantly, given in the box with the Hella horns. Name:  Hella-0h1.jpg
Views: 3426
Size:  81.9 KB the setup 2b* added the 20A fuse as well. Video on YouTube I also checked before the installation http://<a href="http://youtu.be/kLxU...LxUDMIZuAI</a>
    Last edited by Sebastian; 01-10-2015 at 11:34 PM.

Thanks
    I don't find any explanation of why it isn't working other than a configuration issue(maybe after cutting the power from the battery for the installation). I'm no expert, but I think it should be working...

Thanks
    Aha. Did you try re-connecting the factory horn to see if that fixes the problem?

Thanks
    Just tried that, no, It doesn't fix it. Now I strongly believe in my theory, hehe.

Thanks
    UPDATE!

I happened to have the brilliant idea to give the manual another go and...
    -I found out I had to press the panic alarm button for 0.5 seconds, thing I never did (of course I hadn't used it more than once before the replacement). I tried the button and it worked! not without almost giving me a heart attack(wasn't very positive about it working so..)
    -I also had a problem closing the driver's window automatically, (it just opened all the way, after the horn replacement)
    I found the procedure which fixes the issue, it may be common when you cut the power from the battery(I guess that's why it's on the manual) I'll post it just in case.
    1.Get the key on the ON position (on the switch)
    2.Get the window down past the middle
    3.Get it up without releasing the window switch
    4. Hold the switch up 3 seconds after the window is closed
    5. Release the switch and give the automatic closure a go!

-I mentioned some other issues locking and unlocking the car with the remote, it was all fine the next day. Seems it was just a cold (;

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sebastian For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-11-2015)