Thread: Hello from Mission, BC

Thanks

Hello from Mission, BC

I just last week purchased a near new 2019 Micra SV with 4000K's on it. In retirement, I thought I could do without a vehicle, but I got tired of bumming rides from friends(which was made much more difficult with covid) and depending on taxis. The last straw was when I spent $28 in two days for taxi fare to go downtown. Bus service is not good in the town either. Long story short, I had watched "Cars Unlocked" on youtube and got interested in Nissan products. My search for a new or low KM Micra began, and I found a vehicle at a dealer in my own hometown. It wasnt the colour I wanted, but the price was right and and it had the low KM's and the majority of warranty intact. I loved the vehicle the first time and I sat in it, and after the first drive, knew this was the vehicle for me. I've even come to like the white colour. Im hoping to have the same amount of fun and reliability with my Micra as other owners on the forum appear to have.... PS....I was driving around town the other day, and another Micra owner waved at me, and we both gave each other a thumbs up.......that hasnt happened to me since I purchased a Honda Element in 2003, and we were a very rare lot back then.

Last edited by HammyJ; 01-16-2021 at 11:49 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.5 L/100 km ... 33.1 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Welcome to the family...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ajijic For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (01-16-2021)

Thanks
    Thank you Sir!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.5 L/100 km ... 33.1 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Belated welcome, HammyJ!

I love that you got the "Micra wave" from another owner! That's the first I've heard of it for this car. (I have an old Miata, and most owners wave - it's fun.)

What was the last vehicle you owned?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thank you for the warm welcome.....It happened again last night......I was in Surrey BC for some business, and a white Micra SR was behind me......and when it passed me, the passenger and I smiled and gave each other the thumbs up.......I feel like Im part of a select club....lol The last vehicle I owned was a Honda Element, bought new in 2003.....best vehicle Ive ever owned. The only drawback was that it was a bit of a gas hog for a 2.4 L 4 cylinder engine(a complaint that I heard from other Element owners)...I had Chow dogs so it was perfect for the doggies. After the dogs passed on, and I retired, I really didnt use it much....so I sold it to my niece.