Thread: Micra electrical issue

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Micra electrical issue

I have a 2015 Micra and I found it after 3 day since moving it in drivway the lights were on, went out to it and it was making a noise as I approached it. Once inside lights were turned off, with no key in the ignition. Car will start but noise gets louder, I turned car off and lights are off on dial but car is still making a noice and lights wont go off.

Thanks
    Please reread your post. Do you understand what you wrote?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    What do you mean, the lights are are coming on by themselves with a weird noise!

Thanks
    She said she had her car in her driveway for 3 days and the light came on by themselves and has she approched the car it was making a wierd noise, when she got in the car the lights went off and there was no keys in the ignition. Hope I got this correct, very wierd problem indeed.

Thanks
    The noise could be something associated with a low battery. I'd try disconnecting the battery cables, give the battery a full charge then hook the battery back up to see if that solves the problem.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Versa SV automatic: 4.7 L/100 km ... 60.3 mpg (Imp) ... 21.4 km/L ... 50.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hmm, If you are outside of your car, Assuming that it has keyless entry. You could make sure that the lights shut off when you lock the doors with the remote. It may take about 5 mins but should be shut off after that. If not it sounds like you might have a more complicated electrical issue.

If your lights are off on the column and are staying on constantly there could be any number of things wrong from a sticking relay to shorted or mouse chewed wires.

If you start with disconnecting the battery, leaving it disconnected for 5mins or so and reconnecting it. That may do something. But it may not.

N/A Subaru Addict...
    First Nissan Commuter