Thread: HVAC box what part is this?

Thanks

HVAC box what part is this?

Hey everyone!
    I'm in a potential pickle and I am not sure that this information is widely known..
    I am currently attempting to reassemble my HVAC unit from under the dash of my micra. Further posting coming eventually... And I have soaked the sensor that is located on the rear of the unit (Careless parts dishwashing that I will blame on not wanting to get caught by my wife... Which luckily she ended up being ok with!) I am not sure if I have killed it or not as I do not know what it does or how to test it..

It is located on the front side of the HVAC Box towards the bottom and has a 4 pin connector that attaches to it. It is a small circuit board inside but doesn't seem to be a sensor.. and trying to find something based of the numbers the part provides has returned negligible results for me.. I attached some pictures of what the part looks like. and a diagram of the HVAC unit. On the diagram the blue arrow points roughly to where the little box is located. It is on that front side and kind of to the right of the blower motor resistor.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

As for now I am going to start reassembly, leaving this part to the side and see where that gets me.

Cheers!

Attached Images Attached Images      
    N/A Subaru Addict...
    First Nissan Commuter

Thanks
    wow...it proably isnt part of the hvac unit....any luck tracing the wires back?

thermo control amplifier??

the brown 4 pin connector should have 3 wires attached. B O Y..brown,orange, yellow??
    Last edited by MrMicra2015; 01-07-2021 at 11:39 AM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMicra2015 For This Useful Post:

Bobaganousch (01-08-2021)

Thanks
    That does look like it, however it is more the the front of the box itself. To the left side of the second picture there. Is that from the K-13 service manual? I have downloaded a copy. Which section is that from? I also don't have A/C so that nixes that.

I was thinking some sort of thermal cut out. but that doesn't really make sense as it is outside of the unit and not really in a place of quick response for that. And I don't think it is airbag related as it doesn't have any fancy connector. Good idea about tracing the wires back. I will have a look at it tomorrow when I head out to the garage. They are in a rubber loom and meet the main harness, So I am not sure what kind of results I will find but they may give some clues.

Thanks for your reply!
    N/A Subaru Addict...
    First Nissan Commuter

Thanks
    its from the versa note 2015 manual floating around...i guess you'll figure out what DOESNT work when u put it all back together...if everything works im taking mine off too to save weight.lol..you MIGHT not have actually broken it
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Ha, My fingers are crossed it will work just fine. I have heard stories of I.T. folks putting full keyboards into dishwashers as the most efficient way to clean them.

I've got a manual from a Micra although it is a right hand drive model. It is from the internet and I found it years ago. I found it by searching for k-13 Micra.. However I don't know if its for a K-13 or not.

I cleaned it with alcohol and cotton swabs and I've let it dry thoroughly. So fingers crossed I suppose. I've attached a few more pictures to help clarify its location on the box and what it looks like for any possible future reference.

The case has the part number 15Z22 stamped in paint on the bottom and on the board itself it has NILES 575270 and in a little box to the right of that number it says 19.
    N/A Subaru Addict...
    First Nissan Commuter

Thanks
    This is literally the biggest mystery in the universe....off topic ...but why did u take the whole thing apart in the first place?
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    Feb 2015 build

Thanks
    It sure seems like it. When I traced the wires, there were only two hooked up. They are very small about 18AWG, only attach to the outer most pins on the connector and run back into the main wiring loom. I didn't feel like cutting it all apart to trace them any further. But they are solid blue and solid black.

I ended up having my blend door stick on the cold side not allowing me to have any heat. It was stuck to the point where it broke the wire connecting it to the knob and broke some teeth on the HVAC blend knob as well (This is also my fault as I was freezing and cranked on the lever to try and get some heat on my 2 hour drive home in -10). After I took things apart to the point that I could try to actuate the door by hand I couldn't move it at all. So I had to pull the box out and tear it down to find the issue. I am documenting the re-assembly and will be posting it all on here once the car is back together. I am thinking it should be done by next weekend.
    N/A Subaru Addict...
    First Nissan Commuter

Thanks
    i think another guy had that problem....based on that and life experience i move the blend (temperature or fresh recirc) two times a year .....cold in summer ..hot in winter it is SOMEWHAT telling its only a 2 wire connector ..manual lists connectors and wire color

2015 Micra S (manual)
    Feb 2015 build