Thread: Happy new Micra owner

Thanks

Happy new Micra owner

Hello all, I just purchased a new 2019 Nissan Micra S auto transmission 3 days ago and can't believe how much fun it is. I've been taking pleasure cruises just for kicks touring around seeing old sites and enjoying the driving experience. I see why it has such a happy customer base as it's a damn good ride and such a well priced vehicle. Just found this forum and looking forward to reading all the great info about Micra hints and tips and general mayhem. Cheers to everyone!

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum & congrats on your Micra!

What were you driving before?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I was driving a Honda Ridgeline truck and it was great, but was 14 years old and rusting. I've retired now and sold my home and not doing tons of renovations etc so I wanted something small and economical. It was a surprise to me how well the Micra drives and the comfortable seating and viewing. I got a new 2019 Micra S with automatic transmission for $10,998. No delivery charge, no dealer prep or admin fees, just the tax. I drove 250km to get to the dealership at 9am in order to be first in line. There were two of them, same colour, same configuration and while I did a test drive for 5 minutes the other one was sold and I got the one.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jesse1d For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-07-2020)

Thanks
    $11k for a new car with auto transmission is a screaming deal! Congrats!

You're not going to miss having A/C? Or did Nissan eventually offer it by 2019?

Don't forget to make a garage page: Garage empty: add car

My brother had a 1st generation Ridgeline like yours. He liked it a lot, but it got written off when another driver lost control in the snow and sideswiped him pretty hard (side airbags went off). He's got a Scion (Toyota) XB now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    When you get an automatic transmission they bundle it with a/c and cruise control. Also came with a backup camera and voice recognition for phone use etc.

Thanks
    Oh, right. Thank for the correction. For some reason I thought you had to go up to the SV to get AC.

Auto + AC makes it an even more amazing deal.

Thanks
    The one thing that most reviewers say is it's fun to drive. And I'm impressed with the cars ability to cruise at 120kmph without breaking a sweat. I thought it would just be great for bombing around town picking up groceries etc, but I would have no problem taking long trips as it's a comfortable ride without feeling fatigued. The car was positioned as an entry level "value" model but has much more to offer than just affordability.