Thread: Wet carpet after rain

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Wet carpet after rain

Hi all, I recently bought a 2017 Micra with 39K on the clock. So far I am happy with the car. However, yesterday it rained most of the day and I noticed that the carpet on the driver's side (left) of the car was damp. The windscreen appear to be original (it says Nissan Hecho en Mexico)... Are there drainage holes somewhere up front that might be blocked? Does anyone have any advice? Thank you for your help.

Thanks
    wow...havent heard much about leaks...many cars do...ours dont seem to...if the cars been whacked bad, body seams might separate...wet boots??
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    There will be drains under the cowl located at the base of the windshield, however it’s unlikely you would get a leak inside the cabin from there. If the drains are free of leaves and debris that is definitely not your leak source.

I have read before that the gaskets on the rear taillights can fail leading to water on the floors of the rear seat pans. Depending on the angle you park (incline/decline) it’s possible for water to run down towards the front floor pans.

Your best bet is to use a garden house spraying various locations and checking to see if you can determine any possible leaks.