Thread: Driver side headlight assembly , fog ?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Driver side headlight assembly , fog ?

Good day ,

Anyone ever have issues with fogging inside the driver side headlight assembly ?
    I know it’s normal considering the time of year , however it’s pretty persistent on the drive side and stays for most of the day while the passenger appears fine . I tried to check for the vents which are normally located in the rear of the assembly to check if they were clogged but couldn’t find any . I checked the rubbed gasket for the headlight bulb no cracks , and I’m getting tired of using a blow dryer to remove the condensation lol .

Anyone have any thoughts on this or have it happen to them .

Thanks
    Take bulb sockets out spray silicon grease on the gasket wait few minutes spray again and tighten back if that wont help change both gaskets with new ones. If theee are no cracks and seams are not separated then the only place for humidity to get in is either through gaskets or through harness gaskets in that case i would change the socket with new one.

Thanks
    Thanks for you input ,

I bit the bullet and just removed the bumper to get to the complete housing , removed the housing re sealed the entire thing . She’s good to go now , no issues .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ReD-RuM For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (10-12-2020)

Thanks
    never had that problem...but park mostly in a garage
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Have had the water /fog in both headlight assemblies. Now I know what to do... Thank you

Thanks
    "re sealed the entire thing ."...could you define what exactly that means?
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    I bought Gasket maker at canadiantire , part number 038-2506-8 -Permatex® Form-A-Gasket® Sealant, 80-mL.

Applied it all around where the black gasket was .used a Q-Tip to push it down into the cracks . So far a month later I have zero issues .

Before doing everything , use a hairdryer to get out the condensation than do the application .

Hope this helps .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-RuM View Post
    I bought Gasket maker at canadiantire , part number 038-2506-8 -Permatex® Form-A-Gasket® Sealant, 80-mL.

Applied it all around where the black gasket was .used a Q-Tip to push it down into the cracks . So far a month later I have zero issues .

Before doing everything , use a hairdryer to get out the condensation than do the application .

Hope this helps .
    Silicone would not work?

Thanks
    I think that would work as well. I just used gasket maker instead . If you wanted to do a professional type job . you'd need a heat gun , to ply the plastic housings apart , then re seal with black sealant . I just did a quicker job that appears to have worked just as well.

Issue also with silicone is the drying times ... gasket maker drys nearly instantly .