Thread: How do you remove the shifter surround?

Thanks

How do you remove the shifter surround?

I'm trying to get to the shifter mechanism to take some measurements, but I can't get the rear half of the trim released. I know there's those two clip/screw things on the side, but what am I missing?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Aaron GE View Post
    I'm trying to get to the shifter mechanism to take some measurements, but I can't get the rear half of the trim released. I know there's those two clip/screw things on the side, but what am I missing?
    You've probably figured this out by now but there are two clips in the bottom of the center console on the back bottom of it around the middle bump in the rear passenger foot space.

The clamps face away from each other like :

-------| |-------
    <clip>| |<clip>
    -------| |-------

The clips tying the center console to the floor are inside both of the opposing C shaped brackets on the bottom.

I don't know how they're supposed to come out without being able to twist the whole center console a substantial amount. When I swapped my shifter and boot I ended up breaking one of the clamps but it seems to stay down fine with just one back there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to spacewolf For This Useful Post:

4Aaron GE (10-28-2020)

Thanks
    ive popped the center console out its not difficult...it was along time ago but i cant remember much...pop...go slow...what day is it?

2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!