Thread: Racing my Micra @ Calabogie Motorsport Park

Thanks

Smile Racing my Micra @ Calabogie Motorsport Park

Back again! This very strange year that is 2020, I finally got to Calabogie Motorsport Park. I did a couple of Novice Days and the High Performance Driving Experience (HPDE) which gives you the opportunity to learn race car driving with either your own car or you can rent a Race-Ready Mustang (if that's your thing).

Name:  IMG_1330.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  19.9 KB

This time we did a follow-the-leader style training where we were grouped into a team of 4. I had the privilege to drive with a 2008 Honda Fit and a 2003 Mini Cooper (super charged). To be honest we were so evenly matched, though the Mini got away a few times but wasn't too hard to catch up with the Micra.

Name:  DSC_0278.jpg
Size:  95.4 KB

To be honest, if I wasn't driving a Micra I'd probably be driving the Fit as it also has similar simplicity in terms of design plus V-Tech.

Name:  DSC_0272.jpg
Size:  94.2 KB

This time I felt like I was a lot more comfortable as my second year on the track and all of the mods I've done have really paid off. MIA Intake, Endless Brake Pads, HKS Hi-Power Silent Exhaust, Sparco Racing Seats, and RS-R Down have made the Micra a track machine. Also, I've learned so much more since last year in 2019 https://micra-forum.com/showthread.p...s-at-the-Track.

Name:  DSC_0264.jpg
Size:  95.2 KB

I just hope to see other Micras on track some time. Please share your track day photos if you have them

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra SR manual: 9.7 L/100 km ... 29.1 mpg (Imp) ... 10.3 km/L ... 24.2 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VE3BRJ For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-22-2020),MrMicra2015 (09-20-2020)

Country
    Most fun to drive of Canada's three cheapest cars.
    Thanks
    Man, it's been years since I drove on a track.

So much fun! So expensive!

(Relatively speaking... from the guy whose last 2 cars cost $1000 each.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...