Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rust protection / undercoating

Thanks
    Does the Micra come with pre drilled holes in the door sills for rust proofing? I noticed on mine all the doors have at least 1 black sticker looking thing covering a hole.

I did purchase the car used so not sure if it was rust proofed before. But it doesn't show any signs that is has been.

I am wondering if I can just peel back the stickers blocking the holes and spray rust proofing in there my self with a can of rust check.

Thanks
    Krown sprays a more even coat throughout the car, even the wiring and brake lines. I believe it's worth doing at least once in a while to protect from rust with the Canadian salt. Don't over do it since a friend asked for extra spray and they accommodated, however the extra warped all the plastic bumpers and trim.
    Last edited by Ajijic; 05-13-2019 at 11:42 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Extra holes will need to be drilled to do a thorough job. I'd have it Krowned or equivalent.

My 2000 Chevy Metro beater just started leaking brake fluid - corrosion on a brake line.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I would have suspected that the rust-protection spray should have prevented that corrosion?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Unfortunately, the line corroded where it's fairly exposed to road spray. Doesn't matter what's put on them, it'll get blasted off. Also, the car wasn't sprayed every year.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Zebert pushed their rubberized undercoating many years ago it ended up cracking, letting water in behind the coating and rusting.

Thanks
    Crown also sells their product in a spray can and is sold at their oil spray centres.