Thread: Can you add A/C to the Micra S / manual transmission?

Thanks

Can you add A/C to the Micra S / manual transmission?

hello everyone, i was under my hood today and i noticed a connector taped to the alternator harness and it just so happens to be the same connector used on the other models for the ac compressor. I also looked in the fuse box and found that the 10 amp fuse for air con is in the fuse box, my guess is the wiring and everything gets put in before they know if the car will be an sor higher, basically we would need to install the compressor, evaporator, condensor, and the hvac controls from one with ac and it should work at the push of a button. i will try to add ac to mine lateron and will post updates as i go perhaps a timelapse of it all aswell.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brady For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-15-2020),VE3BRJ (09-19-2020)

Thanks
    PLEASE let us know if you pursue this.

It's something that several owners have talked about, but nobody has pursued (just easier to buy an SV if you want air).

Although by now there are a lot of Micras in the junkyards, so if you can get the parts cheap, and like working on your car, it might be worth doing.

The other question: is the S computer set up to handle A/C, or would you need reprogramming or an SV computer?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    if they were too lazy to make different harnesses i highly doubt they werent too lazy to have seperate software/hardware in the ecu for each trim level so i doubt anything will have to be done in regards to any wiring/ecu.

As for the parts the scrap yard is filled with micras and versa notes, the versa should have all the same parts aside from possibly hoses but i would be willing to bet they are at minimum useable in the micra. I think every car that has the hr16de should do for the parts such as compressor and belt however the bigger cars may have extra or bigger pulleys meaning a longer belt.

I've just recently installed heated seats so i will not be doing any projects untill spring.. espacially with my wife just about giving birth.... anyways i will be sure to take plenty of pictures and videos throughout my experiment which will be done in the spring probably around april since i dont have a garage or anything and dont enjoy working in the cold... Unless someone has a garage i can work in around decmeber, hint hint 😂😂.

Thanks
    Heated seats from?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    i purchased the pads online, removed the seat covers, stuck the pads on, ran the wires, and installed the fuses.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to brady For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-15-2020)

Thanks
    roll down the windows. and stay away from the porsche v-8 conversation ...i got heated seats too but i was a little lazier than you..its a warm pad that connects to the 12v outlet...like 12$ on ebay?....a moot point at the moment....i just start up yee old micra every month and stay away from people...even wife looking a little suspect!...lol...to swap everything over for a/c would be an insane amount of work i think...i cant even put a filter in a non-a/c one without losing it into an abyss
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMicra2015 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-15-2020)

Thanks
    for the filter you should be able just to remove glovebox and then pull the filter out with all kinds of space to work.

i guess difficulty is related to experience, i have a history with cars and a profession in aviation, perhaps why projects like this dont phase me.

Thanks
    true...getting up in the morning phases me badly...if there is no a/c (like my car)the filter the car never came with falls into an abyss toward the center console very easily
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    so what you're saying is the non ac cars have the same hvac assembly with just a large empty space where the evap core should go? if thats the case then the install should get even easier as i believe there are 4 screws that hold the bottom plate on, if i remove those i should be able to slide everything in from the passenger side no problem. as for the falling into an abyss, i assumed they would have atleast an evap dummy or changed the internal structure of the assembly itself so a filter would sit where it should.