Thread: Hello from Winnipeg!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hello from Winnipeg!

Hello, I am a proud new owner of a red 2017 Micra SV. Was lurking for a bit reading reviews and reading a articles on the forum and finally decided to be part of the group.
    I used to own an 8th gen Civic coupe but having a growing family made us switch over to an suv.
    Couldn't get the feeling of wanting to drive standard out of my system so I looked around for a viable 4 door sub compact. I decided on our car which is the most economical (cheapest for year vs price) but didnt skim on stock performance. My brother also recently bought an automatic 2019 Micra for his family and I got to test drive it and that finally convinced me.
    I have been driving around it for a month and I cant really be happier.
    First upgrades done was just wheel spacers on the stock steel wheels and led bulbs on the interior (leftover parts from my old car). All done thanks to our diys on our forum.
    Looking forward to contributing to the site and it's nice to meet everyone

Last edited by jephpej; 09-09-2020 at 09:26 PM.

Thanks
    Welcome!

The Micra is unbeatable when it comes to bang for buck if you also want something that's got a fun/sporty character right out of the box.

A Mirage may be cheaper to run, but that's because it's got 74/78 hp depending on the year. And it's nowhere near as fun as a Micra to throw around - its suspension is designed for third-world roads (super soft, think Cadillac). Chevy Spark? I dunno - I've never driven one!

This forum's pretty quiet these days. Initial enthusiasm for the Micra was strong when it came out, but Nissan never really updated the car, and the news that it's cancelled (in Canada) didn't help! (2019 will be the last model year here.) This is the last year for the Micra Cup race series, too.

Good for you getting the stick! SV manuals are relatively rare.

Gonna make a garage page?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    i have a 2015 honda fit, owned a 99 civic a 91 civic and LOVE the micra....i think the fit might be the last honda i own...apart from th bulletproof 97 prelude with 305k that still insured (they really, really,really, really don't make em like they use to!!)
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMicra2015 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-15-2020)

Thanks
    Agreed, It is unfortunate that they discontinued it but still I honestly love driving it around. Not even driving aggressively and just crusing whenever I need to do odd chores. I want to make a garage entry but unfortunately its loading up a blank page for me
    Will try to figure it out maybe load the site from a desktop instead of my phone. I love looking at the pictures of other members micras though. There are some really sweet looking k13s out there

Thanks
    OH yeah, the garage works best in desktop mode.

You can tell most phone browsers to operate in desktop mode under options/preferences. Everything looks tiny, but should work fine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...