Thread: Front brakes - Durago

Thanks

Front brakes - Durago

Hey folks so i at 100K and figured i should look into replacing the front brakes. before i take it apart and see what things look like i figured i'd order new pads and rotors. just incase i need them.

I went on the RockAuto.com site and a kit of pads and rotors are only $54!!! is that even possible! 2 rotors and 4 pads for less than $60.

anyone try these. worth it...they didn't have any other brands there so i was going check the Nissan parts depart.
    is there a link to a shop online Nissan parts counter?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...+pad+kit,13824

--

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Long time ago i installed durago brake pads on my chevy and they were good. Drove 60k with those. But i resurfaced the rotors and am sure at that time there was no price like this. If it was me i would buy oem rotors or measure thickness if it still can go 50k dont replace.
    But hey this is almost for free. Buy it!

Thanks
    Ya - really i used to get rotors turned but over the last 20 years it has been cheaper to replace. These are like free rotors so i figure that was a little concerning! hahaha
    temped to try them just based on no loss if i dont like them!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutus View Post
    Long time ago i installed durago brake pads on my chevy and they were good. Drove 60k with those. But i resurfaced the rotors and am sure at that time there was no price like this. If it was me i would buy oem rotors or measure thickness if it still can go 50k dont replace.
    But hey this is almost for free. Buy it!
    --

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I decided not to cheap out completely and go with the RAYBESTOS brakes...still a good deal at $125 for pads and roto

--