Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to reduce Window Glare from film building up on glass?

Thanks
    I suspect that it probably is film buildup over the past 6 years. I haven't done anything about the cabin filter yet. I will try the Dawn Advance 3X idea when I remember to buy some.

In general, I have never had any problems with windows in any of my cars these past 40 years and I wonder if there is something different/faulty with the glass produced that year. My neighbour has a 2015 Honda Fit and similar issues. OR else they expect someone to wash their car every week (which I don't). Had a lot of glare on my outside driver's side window the other day too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.0 mpg (Imp) ... 13.4 km/L ... 31.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    You didn't clean the glass since you got the car until this problem cropped up recently? Not judging! Just clarifying.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    You didn't clean the glass since you got the car until this problem cropped up recently? Not judging! Just clarifying.
    Ha ha ha. We get a lot of rain here, so it hasn't been necessary...

No, actually...... I wonder if I have been using the right thing when I wash my car. OR, as I said, I somehow have faulty glass. I know the raindrops on my windows actually leave little circles. So if something has built up, I have to get to the bottom of it, so to speak.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.0 mpg (Imp) ... 13.4 km/L ... 31.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Post a picture whats happening or upload small video on youtube and publish the link here. Cleaning windshield is not a rocket science!!!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Never thought that cleaning it right was actually a thing. You guys have good attention to details. Thanks for the insights!
    Last edited by TyraNoah; 11-21-2021 at 07:21 AM.

Thanks
    My post got deleted by me somehow while in mobile web page and trying to make an edit on my post as selecting anywhere on the page clicks on "delete post". So this will be a repeat.

One or two microfiber cloth with dish soap Dawn advance 3x. I squirt a quite few drops of soap in a hot bucket of water, soak fiber cloth and get it lathered up with soap. Squeeze fiber cloth damp and start washing your windshield. You might have to repeat a few times depending how bad that film of dirt is. With a new fiber cloth wipe off all the soap off until dry. I find in the sun and / or the fan on will help with the drying. Do wear gloves or have hand moisturizer on hand because this will dry out you hands. Use dawn and not other soap as they will have moisturizer stuff in them leaving another film behind. You can wash your dash but wash it after the windshield and or windows inside using the same technique. The soap solution will destroy COVID-19. Well any soap will destroy COVID. Where do I get my supplies from ... Costco This Dawn will leave a fresh scent behind so if you don't like the scent ... don't use it or rinse with water.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...