Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: want to make more power

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hello, I've a question to the vets on the forum who have made intake and exhaust upgrades. I was wondering if you've had any issues with the CEL coming on because of the upgrades? Do you need to flash ecu or something like that to make it work properly? I am also wanting to do bolt on upgrades after looking at the content from the site but I guess have those thoughts of some uncertainty as well.
    Feedback from you will definitely be appreciated.

Thanks
    minor upgrades such as "aluminum air intake with cone filter" and "freeflow exhaust " will not cause cel to come on....mostly because they dont affect the engine much,just screw up the harmonics of air and make stuff louder. (which may not be a bad thing)...tinker a bit but dont go crazy and it will be fine...FYI there is no "reflashing"...its not a computer (well it is really, but its locked down worse than apple) and Nissan wont do ^&* to accommodate every single (or married) person's personal 14:1 ratio (theoretical stociometery) why should they??
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMicra2015 For This Useful Post:

jephpej (10-12-2020)

Thanks
    nitrous man ...nitrous
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    minor upgrades such as "aluminum air intake with cone filter" and "freeflow exhaust " will not cause cel to come on....mostly because they dont affect the engine much,just screw up the harmonics of air and make stuff louder. (which may not be a bad thing)...tinker a bit but dont go crazy and it will be fine...FYI there is no "reflashing"...its not a computer (well it is really, but its locked down worse than apple) and Nissan wont do ^&* to accommodate every single (or married) person's personal 14:1 ratio (theoretical stociometery) why should they??
    Ah-hem 14.7:1 stoichiometric
    12.5-13:1 PowAH!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...