Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My SR auto test drive. very impressed

Thanks

My SR auto test drive. very impressed

I had a chance to get my butt into an sr auto this week. I have to say, its a super fun car. From the looks, to the drive. I was having a blast. Took a while to get the seat adjusted to me to be comfortable. After that was done, it was all good.

Coming from my lifted JK unlimited, I felt like I was driving a go kart in the micra. Here is my list of positives and negatives.

Positives,

Great power - I was expecting a lethargic drive as I am numbed by the 200-300 hp cars in our stable all ready. This is not the case, and I should have known better, my 96 civic had 106 hp and that was a zippy little car.

Interior appointments - The SR has pretty well every creature comfort to be very comfortable. the only thing Its missing is the choice to add Sirius radio....see negative.

Handling - Coming from my jeep JK unlimited, the handing of the micra is go kart like. very sharp and direct, without being twitchy. I was impressed. The ride is not harsh at all either. good job Nissan.

Negatives,

NO SIRIUS in the radio, not even the option to get it. Come on, its 2014, this should not be not offered in ANY vehicle. It would not increase the cost of the car on the lot, just give me the option to put it in there!.

the 16" wheels look tooooo small on the car. 17" would be a much better choice for the SR.

the rear doors are very close to the seating position when closed. I am going to have to swap out to a booster seat instead of a full seat for my son.

Road noise is up a bit compared to our mazda 5. Im guessing Nissan left out some insulation in the floor and body as a cost saving measure. Easily fixed with some dynamat.

Overall this car is a great commuter. We are placing our order and putting down our deposit this week on our white with red SR auto. Then, once home, let the modding begin to make it a mini mini!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kojack For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-15-2014)

Thanks
    I was thinking of using my sentra rims on the Micra, they re 17s and I'd laugh if they fit

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kojack View Post
    We are placing our order and putting down our deposit this week on our white with red SR auto. Then, once home, let the modding begin to make it a mini mini!
    Woohoo, congrats!

Thanks for the review too.

Thanks
    no problem. Calling today to get the car on order.

Thanks
    Welcome to the club.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kojack View Post
    Road noise is up a bit compared to our mazda 5. Im guessing Nissan left out some insulation in the floor and body as a cost saving measure. Easily fixed with some dynamat.
    Likely.

And we probably have more sound insulation than other countries. Our Micra is several hundred lbs heavier than the Mexican spec. March ... and, the extra airbags ain't that heavy!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Dynamat and 17 inch wheels. I was wondering would a 17 inch tire last longer than a 15 in comparable tire? What would a decent set of 17 inch aluminum rims and wheels cost just a ballpark figure? Oh yea and dynamat have you personally used it? thank you

Thanks
    I've never put dynamat in a car. I'm more the type to strip heavy sound insulation OUT of a car.

And yes, the 16's and 17's probably weigh quite a bit more than the 14's that are standard on the base Mexican March/Micra.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Well, its been awhile since I have been here. My wife and I deceided to hold off the micra after I test drove it for financial reasons. I am starting a new career and needed the extra money to have as backup. However, we have a micra SV rented for a week in Halifax. We have about 200 kms on the first day. We are in love with it. It's super comfy. We are not used to the tight quarters, and placement of things. But its awesome fun. I think we have decided to get the SR after all. Instead of trade the 5 in on it, We will just keep it and get it at the local dealer instead of driving over 10 hrs to get it to get a deal on trade.

Its back on. Now, to sell my Harley to get the car. Any takers?

Thanks
    oh, forgot to add, We are drving to Lunenburg on Friday, and sunday we are leaving Halifax to drive the cabot trail with the micra.