Thread: Got a few goodies for my micra in the mail (cargo cover, sun visors, juke dome light)

Thanks

Got a few goodies for my micra in the mail (cargo cover, sun visors, juke dome light)

Just got my package from an auto wrecker with a few additions. It's the first time I have ever spent money on a car for things it didn't necessarily need, although it really should still come with the cargo cover and visors with extenders. I found only one place that had a cargo cover and it was in Ottawa, so I held off for a while. It was a good thing that I did because while they were finding a Juke dome light for me and I was wondering if I was ok with the cost, an other Micra showed up and it had the sun visors with extenders AND the clips for the cargo cover. I would have had to buy them from Nissan for about $20 total which is crazy.

Cargo cover
    Name:  20200716_114711.jpg
Views: 1492
Size:  97.7 KB
    Visors
    Name:  20200716_111724.jpg
Views: 1121
Size:  90.5 KB
    Bonus mirror since my original had no mirror on the driver side
    Name:  20200716_111736.jpg
Views: 1195
Size:  91.1 KB
    Oh, so long!
    Name:  20200716_111752.jpg
Views: 1170
Size:  91.0 KB

And thanks to shrugsarefree for his install post of the cargo cover so I could see which was the hooks went in, and how they looked before coming out of a scrap car. The wrecker did an alright job of not destroying them, needed to add a thin piece of foam under one of the hooks.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miklo For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-05-2020),shrugsarefree (07-18-2020)

Thanks
    Hey miklo, you inspired me to grab Versa visors and a Juke 3-way dome/map light.
    Now I try to patiently wait on shipping...
    Cool, useful, easy upgrades that aren't noticeable to anyone except maybe another Micra owner...
    Last edited by shrugsarefree; 07-18-2020 at 11:18 PM.

Thanks
    Nice haha! Where are you getting yours from? I called a few places near me for the Juke light but no one ever had it. I think they never bothered taking those parts before getting rid of the car. But luckily I got everything at the same place and shipping for the cargo cover didn't cost any more when I added the visors and light.

Thanks
    I was lazy and eBayed everything... Probably paid a bit more than necessary but I'm ok with it. Excited! I like new bits.

Thanks
    Got my visors and 3-way map light.
    All super easy installs and a cool OEM upgrade.
    Now just waiting on LED bulbs for the dome light...
    Thanks for the idea miklo.
    Love it!

Thanks
    Awesome! Glad to hear. What kind of bulbs did you get? And do you have an LED for the trunk already?

Thanks
    I get my LED's from superbrightleds.com, they've been awesome and no issues.
    I get CAN Bus compatible whenever possible.
    I got warm white 3100K LED's for the dome light, so it's about the same colour as the stock bulbs.
    Yes, I already have an LED in the trunk, awesome upgrade and makes a real difference at night.
    I also have LED's in the reverse light positions and in the front marker light positions - also both great upgrades.
    I use Cougar Motor H4 LED headlights which are incredible and very well made.
    Super flat OEM-ish beam pattern and can fine tune the beam by rotating the fixture while installed.
    They're very bright but don't blind oncoming traffic at all.
    I tried adding turn signal LED's, but the car doesn't seem to like them.
    The signals wouldn't blink when installed so I just went back to the normal ones... Might try to sort this out eventually.
    Haven't done the brake lights yet either, but I'll probably try it at some point too.

Dome light bulb(s):
    Name:  wled-ww5-cbt0.jpg
Views: 1031
Size:  39.6 KB

Last edited by shrugsarefree; 08-02-2020 at 09:05 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shrugsarefree For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-05-2020)