Thread: I rebooted my car and it worked, further advice needed.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

I rebooted my car and it worked, further advice needed.

Hi all! I have a 2015 SV, with around 135k on it. Replaced the front driver door due to an accident around 18 months ago. About a week ago, my car went into "safe mode" - no acceleration past first gear, and was spluttering trying to get to that, very similar to what another guys car was doing on here (https://micra-forum.com/showthread.p...n-!!!-RESOLVED) I saw "safe mode" in the original description and because my partner's a big computer guy, he decided to try a hard reboot (essentially a battery pull) of the car to reset the ECM. He disconnected the battery from the mains and left it so the capacitors would drain for a a few minutes, then reconnected it. Lo and behold it worked! I drove it from Toronto to Perth, then yesterday from Toronto to the falls, all ok. But when I took it to get groceries this morning it was doing it again. I did another battery pull and it fixed it again, but I'm now worried that it's something going but not gone. Anyone have any advice?

Can you give more details? Do you have an DTC p code?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    outside of a check engine light / Pcode, my first question would be, have you swapped out any lights / checked for broken tail lights - I had both of my stock bulbs "break" but if I hit a bump the filament would periodically complete the circuit again and it'd be fine for a while lol was hard to figure out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...