Thread: Radio wiring diagram for 2017 Micra S

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Radio wiring diagram for 2017 Micra S

I've been trying to install a sub and new head unit into my 2017 for a while now I ordered a scosche nn06b but the plug for the speaker does not work I would just wiring them normally but my car didn't come with an owner's manual I'm looking for the wiring diagram for the pp-3442c

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darts View Post
    I've been trying to install a sub and new head unit into my 2017 for a while now I ordered a scosche nn06b but the plug for the speaker does not work I would just wiring them normally but my car didn't come with an owner's manual I'm looking for the wiring diagram for the pp-3442c
    You'll need to be more clear/descriptive on what you're trying to do (and with what) to get the answers you're looking for.

- Which aftermarket head unit?
    - Which sub/amp?
    - How is it currently wired?
    - What does 'wire them normally' mean?
    - Which speaker(s) doesn't/don't work?
    - What do you want to end up with?

The factory PP-3442C base deck doesn't have pre-outs (RCA's) on it like the Scosche NN06B adapter you have which is for a different higher-end Nissan deck not available on the Micra.

Your aftermarket deck should have it's own pre-outs built into it on the back which don't run through the factory harness at all.

Here's the correct harness adapter for K13 Micra headunits (same as Versa Note) at Crutchfield Canada.

K13 Workshop manual:
    https://micra-forum.com/showthread.p...with-DRL-info)

Bunch of info on installing aftermaket gear in the Micra:
    https://micra-forum.com/showthread.p...wheel-controls

There's also more information in the A/V section of the forum if you do a search and look around.

Cheers.

- Top pic: Audio connector pin out screen grab from workshop manual 'audio visual navigation' section page AV-48 - Pin 20 is Ground (black), but I think it's recommended to ground to chassis instead on the Micra.

- Bottom pic: Metra 70-7552 harness adapter

Name:  non-nav audio pinout LHD models WSM page AV-48.jpg
Views: 21671
Size:  96.1 KB

Name:  Metra 70-7552.jpg
Views: 6561
Size:  11.5 KB
    Last edited by shrugsarefree; 07-07-2020 at 04:52 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shrugsarefree For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (06-13-2020)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Update I ordered the wiring harness you recommend and got mostly everything installed tonight I will add photos to the thread soon thank you so much ❤️

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darts View Post
    Update I ordered the wiring harness you recommend and got mostly everything installed tonight I will add photos to the thread soon thank you so much ❤️
    Happy to help! Glad you're getting it worked out.

Thanks
    Top pic: Audio connector pin out screen grab from workshop manual 'audio visual navigation' section page AV-48 - Pin 20 is Ground (black), but I think it's recommended to ground to chassis instead on the Micra.

in the workshop manual, am i looking at the plug as it plugs into the radio (flat face on) or the BACK of the harness where the actual colored wires are...or something else ?

does "h/s" mean harness side ?

help,i literally soldered in both ways and im still lost...PS i havent plugged ANYTHING to car.
    i dont understand what im looking at in the factory service manual....the plug, the BACK of the plug, or maybe the back of the radio ?

ive heard to ground to chassis also and plan too.
    Last edited by MrMicra2015; 12-16-2022 at 06:36 PM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    Top pic: Audio connector pin out screen grab from workshop manual 'audio visual navigation' section page AV-48 - Pin 20 is Ground (black), but I think it's recommended to ground to chassis instead on the Micra.

in the workshop manual, am i looking at the plug as it plugs into the radio (flat face on) or the BACK of the harness where the actual colored wires are...or something else ?

does "h/s" mean harness side ?

help,i literally soldered in both ways and im still lost...PS i havent plugged ANYTHING to car.
    i dont understand what im looking at in the factory service manual....the plug, the BACK of the plug, or maybe the back of the radio ?

ive heard to ground to chassis also and plan too.

bump...to the most noobish question on the planet

2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!