Thread: Sparco Racing Seats

Thanks

Sparco Racing Seats

In isolation there's not much to do but mod your car. So this spring I decided to finally put in some Sparco racing seats. Since this is my daily driver, I went with a sliding rail and adjustable seats. I got 2 Sparco R100 seats from Perry Performance Laval https://perryautolaval.com/products/sparco-r100-seat for about $500 each.

Just note there's no Sparco base attachment for the Micra. For that I ordered some Bride Super Seat Rails FO-Type LH N008FO (Driver) and RH N007FO (Passenger) each for about $400 including shipping and duties since it comes from Japan.

Also, note that in order to fit Sparco Seats on Bride Rails you need adapter plates. Luckily I discovered that we do have Bride Japan Canada store https://www.bride-jp.ca/seat-rail/ad...lf-2pcs-clone/. These allow you to attach the Sparco (or possibly Recaro seats) to the Bride rails. Just note that there's a fitment issue with the rail slider bar (which is a cheap piece of junk). But the Seat Rail is solid and still adjustable (just not as easy as before). The price of JDM mods, I guess.

Name:  IMG_20200531_151812.jpg
Views: 1871
Size:  94.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_20200531_151755.jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  97.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_20200531_124817.jpg
Views: 1379
Size:  97.4 KB

Last edited by VE3BRJ; 06-11-2020 at 09:04 AM. Reason: added photos

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra SR manual: 9.7 L/100 km ... 29.1 mpg (Imp) ... 10.3 km/L ... 24.2 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VE3BRJ For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (06-11-2020)

Thanks
    Nice those looks very comfy and able to hold you in place when turning a hard corner, did you need to get airbag canceller for the seat airbag? (https://www.nengun.com/bride/side-air-bag-canceller) or is your airbag light constantly on?

Also the steering wheel you have is that from a Juke? I've been looking to replace mine.
    Last edited by NBGuy89; 06-11-2020 at 10:23 AM.

Thanks
    @NBGuy89, airbags?

... yeah for sure, I used the Bride 3.3ohm side seat airbag cancelers. I know it seems like a lot for 2 resistors but, they work and give enough wire to work with. I actually didn't want to damage my original wire harness (in case I ever sell the car one day), so I managed to thread them into the holes of the connector and wrapped in electrical tape for quality goodness. (it actually looks awful, but at least it's hidden under the seat.

One other thing that needs to be done is to detach the Passenger Seat Sensor from the bottom of the stock passenger seat. I really just plugged it in and it all worked. Just have a mess of wires under the passenger seat. I'll probably just find a nice black sack to wrap it all in to keep it safe from the rear passengers.

https://www.bride-jp.ca/accessories/...meo-etc-clone/

Actually, that's the stock 2016 SR steering wheel. I was thinking of replacing it with the Juke Nismo to get the cool red stripe. In fact, I think the Juke Nismo Steering wheel is the same as the Nissan March K13 Nismo, but I could be wrong.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra SR manual: 9.7 L/100 km ... 29.1 mpg (Imp) ... 10.3 km/L ... 24.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Looks really good. Nice work!