Thread: New Micra Owner From Nova Scotia

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

New Micra Owner From Nova Scotia

Hi! Just joined the forum today.
    Just bought my 2019 Micra SR in Caspian Sea days before the coronavirus lock down. Really like it but I'm looking for a few customization options. Has anyone gently "lifted" their cars? I'd like to fit tires that have a bit more sidewall height and I think I need to lift the car to accomplish this. I've heard you can do this with spacers. Planning on putting some orange seat covers over the factory seats to add some "pop" to the car. Also considering a roof basket to go on the thule roof rack. Going for more of an "expedition" car look.

I'm not handy with repairs but I am planning to learn how to do things like rotate my tires, change the brakes, maybe change the oil. Anyone have any links to videos appropriate for my car?
    Nice to have found this forum!

Thanks
    Welcome! Nice to see a fellow Nova Scotian here - roof baskets are fun, I've been running with one off and on for the past year or so. I've been going for the "expedition" look myself, but I'm dialing it back a bit this year, so I'll have a 20 inch light bar for sale soon. Feel free to reach out!
    Last edited by EastCoast_Micra; 05-19-2020 at 09:19 PM.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Did you ever get anywhere with lifting your Micra, or adding more of an AT tire?

This has been on my mind as well. I was thinking a DOT approved UTV tire may be the ticket, but I haven't seen one smaller than 28" for a 15" wheel. I suspect it would be hard to fit anything bigger than a 25-26" tire.