Thread: Looking to adjust ride

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Looking to adjust ride

I'm looking to adjust the rear ride height to a bit higher. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Reason for asking is I installed oversized wheels and need some more clearance for bumps.

Thanks

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Goatswitch View Post
    I'm looking to adjust the rear ride height to a bit higher. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Reason for asking is I installed oversized wheels and need some more clearance for bumps.
    lets start with.....what did you do?....lol....and we'lll help from there...no one wants the covid or a flipped 4x4 micra
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    I bought a set of wheels and tires for it that are a bit large. 225/40R18. I believe the width of the wheel is 7.5" and the offset is 45 .The front is fine. Just a slight rub on the liner. Not enough to worry about. The problem is the back end. On a big dip in the road the car comes down a bit too far and rubs something. Haven't figured out what it is yet but I figured if I had more height or a stiffer set up that would solve my problem. As it sits now the car has more gap between the tire and body at the front than the back. I don't want to lower my car at all as I drive it year round in Alberta.

Thanks
    Figured out what the rubbing is. The rear tires are rubbing the bumper cover. I'll take a grinder to it this weekend to add some clearance. I'd still like to stiffen it up a bit. I'm thinking air bags or an air shock. I'll look into them more and post if I come up with something.

Thanks
    Try lower profile tyres or get coil overs just for the rear. Just my thoughts