Thread: Another great day in the life of my Micra

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Another great day in the life of my Micra

Today was a great day to be driving my Micra. The morning started out with pouring rain, but the Micra parks easy in my garage, so I stayed dry getting to my car. The drive in was heavy with traffic, and I had to turn on the defroster to keep the windows from fogging up because of the rain, which caused the air conditioning compressor to turn on, which made the drive in comfortable. Then I got to the jobsite, and was able to park in a great parking spot that nobody wanted because it was too tight for a larger car.

It was hot and humid on the drive home, but the air conditioning kept me comfortable all the way.

The best part? In spite of running the air conditioning a lot today, my fuel economy actually improved to an average of 6.1L/100km, and I’m not even trying for better fuel economy. I spend more than my fair share of time in the hammer lane, I accelerate briskly (within the limits of the break in requirements), and I spent a lot of time in stop-and-go traffic. I travelled 448km so far on my first tank of fuel, and still have three bars (out of eight) showing on the fuel gauge, so between a quarter and half a tank. My old Grand Am GT would have run out of gas by now, in spite of having a larger (54.1L vs. 41L) fuel tank.

I really love this car; all smiles today.
    Last edited by AlphaMicra; 06-03-2014 at 04:18 PM.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

WalkingBlackBear (04-08-2018)