Thread: Wheel track spacers for the Micra...

Thanks

Wheel track spacers for the Micra...

Looking for info on wheel spacers for the Micra.
    I've searched the forum but can't seem find a decent informative thread or pics on the topic, so I figured I'd start one.
    The OEM wheels seem to be tucked in so far I feel like the stock stance looks odd...
    The Micra has a 4x100 bolt pattern with a 60.1mm hub bore.
    I have the OEM SR wheels which are 16x6 ET55 in size.
    The base model wheels are 15x5.5 ET50 for reference.
    Based on my quick measurements of the fender gap it seems either a 20 or 25mm spacer would push the wheels out to be pretty flush with the fenders, but I'm not sure which width would work best.
    I'm not looking for any poke out from the fenders, just as flush as possible without rubbing issues.
    Any help and info on brand, fitment, installation, personal experience and/or where to buy would be much appreciated.
    I found these on AliExpress, they seem like quality pieces(?)... at least they're a reference for what I'm looking for and talking about.

20mm 4x100 60.1mm
    25mm 4x100 60.1mm

Last edited by shrugsarefree; 01-26-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks
    You'll want thinner spacers for the front. The distance to the fenders are different from front to rear by like 5-10mm.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Aaron GE For This Useful Post:

shrugsarefree (01-22-2020)

Thanks
    Yeah, that's fair, I took my basic measurement at the rear and didn't notice the difference until you mentioned it, but you're clearly correct, the front fender is much narrower than the rear.
    I'm going to take some more accurate F and R measurements this weekend at some point.
    The problem with different sized spacers front and back is that it affects stock handling... Wider spacers at the rear will increase understeer on the car.
    Since the Micra already understeers like crazy (slightly less with lowering springs), wider rear spacers are definitely not happening...
    *shrug*
    I guess I'll have to figure out the max useful width at the front and live with whatever gap is left at the back...
    Last edited by shrugsarefree; 01-23-2020 at 08:11 PM.

Thanks
    So I took the front measurements a few times and it looks like 15mm spacers would do the job just about right.
    This actually translates pretty well as it seems like +40 offset aftermarket wheels fit well on the Micra, so the +55 offset minus the 15mm spacers makes a +40 offset... if I'm doing the math right.
    I've ordered them and am waiting for delivery.
    I'll update this thread with pics and info once they arrive and I get a chance to install them... Could be a while since they're coming from overseas.

15mm spacers on AliExpress

Name:  H9cd1c4cb0a574164be1a871be70a3b2c8.jpg
Views: 1456
Size:  32.5 KB

Thanks
    Well, it took me a while to get a chance to install the 15mm spacers but I finally got it done.
    I'm not sure if the pictures do it justice but there's definitely a noticeable difference in person.
    Installation was easy, took just under an hour and bolted up exactly as you'd expect.
    The spacers are hub-centric (Nissan 60.1mm) and fit perfectly on the hubs with no gaps, movement or issues.
    So far it feels a lot more stable on the highway and a bit more planted in corners.
    Steering and alignment were not affected at all and it tracks straight as an arrow.
    The lowered suspension seems just slightly softer than before, which is actually kind of nice.
    I think it worked out really well and I'm pretty happy with the result.
    I'll update in a week or so on how it's feeling and/or if I have any issues.
    FYI: I pretty sure there's enough space that 20mm spacers would fit without issue as well.

Name:  IMG_6091.jpg
Views: 1453
Size:  92.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6097.jpg
Views: 1263
Size:  93.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6093.jpg
Views: 1342
Size:  98.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6095.jpg
Views: 1371
Size:  95.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6094.jpg
Views: 1408
Size:  95.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6098.jpg
Views: 1406
Size:  96.1 KB

Last edited by shrugsarefree; 03-26-2020 at 12:29 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shrugsarefree For This Useful Post:

4Aaron GE (03-25-2020),LilGeckos (03-20-2020),Parmejohn (03-20-2020)