Thread: OBDII BLUETOOTH CODE READER ON SALE

Thanks

OBDII BLUETOOTH CODE READER ON SALE

Just saying they have these on Sale at Princess Auto Jan 7- 19.
    I have one of these & it works with Android phones & tablets but not iPhone.
    To connect my iPhone I purchased a WIFI OBDII reader which has it's own problems, it gets hot & runs down the battery over time + it competes with my home WIFI when the car is parked @ home.
    This bluetooth reader is a little bulky so you may bump it getting into the car with it attached.
    With this device you can at least monitor your engine temperature using one of the many free apps.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimwilly View Post
    Just saying they have these on Sale at Princess Auto Jan 7- 19.
    I have one of these & it works with Android phones & tablets but not iPhone.
    To connect my iPhone I purchased a WIFI OBDII reader which has it's own problems, it gets hot & runs down the battery over time + it competes with my home WIFI when the car is parked @ home.
    This bluetooth reader is a little bulky so you may bump it getting into the car with it attached.
    With this device you can at least monitor your engine temperature using one of the many free apps.
    I have one that i bought on Amazon last spring. It was $16.99 regular price. There are a tons of them out there. I use the free torque app which is fully customizable as far as display. The only limitations are what the Micra is capable of transmitting. So even though I can setup outside temp guage on the dispaly, it wont read as there is no output from the car etc. It works well with my 2DIN touch screen Android Car stereo.
    I keep it plugged in all the time and removed the philips screw on the OBDII port so I can tuck it up under the dash. You can get OBDII cable extensions though as the bluetooth device itself would stick out kind of ackwardly.
    Although it does stay powered up all the time, so far extended periods havent been an issue on the battery even if the car sits for a week at a time.
    It is a nice addition to the lack of guages the car comes equipped with, specifically a engine temp guage.