Thread: Any 2" hitch recievers available?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Any 2" hitch recievers available?

Lemme know. Building a utility trailer soonish.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Micra SV manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    the car is called a micra, not a midra..the 1.1/4" one could be adapted if you need to use the trailer on 2 vehicles. i dont think youll find a 2" one.... i think there are only 2 manufactures of hitches for our vehicles...the quebec people and another one.

maybe you should buy a utility trailer from harbour freight?
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    I'm not aware of any... but if you're good enough to make your own trailer, you could probably modify a smaller one? Cut out the little bits and weld in the bigger square tubing?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    Lemme know. Building a utility trailer soonish.
    Just adapt to 1 1/4" like already mentioned. You've only got 100lb tongue and 1000lb tow but I woudn't recommend testing that limit.

I have the Curt hitch and it was pretty easy to install. I haven't tested it yet but plan to use a basket that adapts between 1 1/4" and 2" to swap between the Micra and our truck.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Would anyone be able to tell me where I can get a hitch for my nissan micra -- I am in canada- I would like a 1000 to 2000 towing capacity for a small utility trailer. thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan owner t00 View Post
    Would anyone be able to tell me where I can get a hitch for my nissan micra -- I am in canada- I would like a 1000 to 2000 towing capacity for a small utility trailer. thanks
    Pretty easy to search up on this forum or online but I'll bite:
    https://www.amazon.ca/Manufacturing-.../dp/B01M3Z7INU

That's the hitch most members including myself have installed.

I don't know how much past 1000lbs I'd go. Aside from damaging your vehicle structurally, I don't know how much more the stock brakes can handle. You'd probably burn them up pretty quick if there are any hills or emergency situations.

Thanks
    Since there are only 2 hitch options, Curt and SRG, for the Micra is there a preferred one?

The SRG states a 200lb TW compared to the Curt at 100lbs. Just going to be using the hitch for 2 bike platform carrier.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ2015 View Post
    Since there are only 2 hitch options, Curt and SRG, for the Micra is there a preferred one?

The SRG states a 200lb TW compared to the Curt at 100lbs. Just going to be using the hitch for 2 bike platform carrier.
    After installing the Curt hitch, I can't see how any other hitch can claim a higher tongue weight. I think they're just piggybacking off of the class standard.

I actually think it's good on Curt to have put in a more real world tongue weight on theirs.

I personally wouldn't push that 100lb TW nor would I tow anymore than the 900-1100lb range.

That being said, a 1 1/4" hitch bike rack is lighter than any basket I've seen. You should be golden to have 1-2 30lb bikes off the back of the Micra on the Curt (or SRG).

The limitations aren't around the hitch or hitch quality, there's essentially one mount point that can actually handle any load (the rear tow hook) and two mount points to the Micra overall.

Thanks
    I have a 2019 s and I wanted to put a hitch on it to tow a trailer with a small boat or canoe, really no weight at all, would only be a small boat, electric trolling motor, the battery for it, and the trailer itself.. but my car doesn't have the rear tow hook, is that normal for the 2019? I cant install the hitch without that hook as the other 2 attaching points attach to practically nothing...

Thanks
    hmmmm really no tow hook anywhere?...it gonna be the glovebox next...who wears gloves and needs stowage??
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!