Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Noisy Cabin Blower Motor on 2015 Micra? Replacement?

Thanks

Noisy Cabin Blower Motor on 2015 Micra? Replacement?

Looks like the one on mine is starting to fail, or at least got something sucked into it. It's making a loud vibration noise when the fan is turned up.

Anyone have experience with getting this done at a dealer? Seems like they're going to charge an arm and a leg in labor. Local one charges $120/hr and I ended up paying $400 just for a battery replacement because of 'diagnostic fees.' This job requires removing the pedal assembly and a lot of other components, or pretty much all the dash/console panels if attempting to replace from above.

Any advice for doing it yourself? Seems like it'll be a real pain.

Thanks
    I'm having the same issue but haven't even thought of bothering with it yet - louder music and road noise do their job :P if I get to it before you I'll let you know.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    is it as simple as a leave rubbing on the blades?

compressed air fix?

i think that will be SUPER expensive as i think they sell the whole unit ..NO PARTS

AANND because of that i put the heater on hot once in the winter and move the dial again to cold one in summer....i never touch the fresh/recirc...always leave on fresh.......fan speed on none or max (dont want to wear out that resistor!!)

i do unfortunately have to keep turning the steering wheel to steer thusly wearing it out...augh!!
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    If I've got time this weekend (and weather permitting) I'll remove the glove box and see what I can see. Since our cars are basically the Versa it should just be 8 screws, pull out the box, and then you have access to the blower motor - removing it should be a thumb button and twist, check for balancing, stuff stuck against it etc. Replacements of just the fan are as low as $44 USD from rockauto.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Azmodon For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (11-20-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    is it as simple as a leave rubbing on the blades?

compressed air fix?

i think that will be SUPER expensive as i think they sell the whole unit ..NO PARTS

AANND because of that i put the heater on hot once in the winter and move the dial again to cold one in summer....i never touch the fresh/recirc...always leave on fresh.......fan speed on none or max (dont want to wear out that resistor!!)

i do unfortunately have to keep turning the steering wheel to steer thusly wearing it out...augh!!
    Yeah the motor's not really designed for repair. It's about $250 for the unit at a dealership, but replacements can be found for $50-100 elsewhere. The real cost is the labor, as they stuck the fan in the driver side so you can't access it from the glove box like a lot of other vehicles. Which means taking off most of the trim to access it from above, or taking off the pedal assembly, etc.

I'm thinking the actual issue is debris though, took off the filter compartment and found a bunch of leaves and such inside, because apparently I'm one of the early adopters who never got a cabin filter included with their micra, and Nissan never bothered to check it for me. Name:  20191123_154046.jpg
Views: 6581
Size:  89.9 KB

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dustin For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-04-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmodon View Post
    If I've got time this weekend (and weather permitting) I'll remove the glove box and see what I can see. Since our cars are basically the Versa it should just be 8 screws, pull out the box, and then you have access to the blower motor - removing it should be a thumb button and twist, check for balancing, stuff stuck against it etc. Replacements of just the fan are as low as $44 USD from rockauto.
    Like I've said, pretty sure it's on the driver side. But definitely let me know if you find otherwise. It's buried pretty far in the back so it's hard to get a good look at it. Also, the glove box is a pain to get out on the K13 micra. It's clipped in or something on the bottom, and I could not figure out what I was missing.

Thanks
    try vacuming out that crap and blowing UP with compressed air...wherever up is....be careful about trying to put a filter in if u dont have ac AC condenser to stop the filter from dropping into a black abyss
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    When my fan had the ticking sound on the blower motor. The techs said they reached down. I'm assuming from the top near the hood and wiper blades.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Did removing the debris fix the problem, Dustin?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I have the workshop exploded view of the HVAC. Just let me know if you want it and i will send it along. It will give you some sense of what the job will be like.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to laj5126 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-20-2019)