Thread: Nissan Micra MSRP under 10K asks...which manufacturer can match it, or even wants to?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Nissan Micra MSRP under 10K asks...which manufacturer can match it, or even wants to?

Name:  micra-herald-wheels-under10.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  61.6 KB

A quick overview of the Micra with some good questions posed. Obviously, the writer is blown away by the price of the Micra compairing it to his 1994 Chevy Cavalier. We see surprise that there is no CVT. I'm guessing that will be common in reviews.

Check it out: Nissan Micra MSRP under 10K asks...which manufacturer can match it, or even wants to?

Thanks
    Of course it'll be common for pro auto journalists to note with surprise the lack of a CVT.

And if there were a CVT, those same reviewers would be complaining about it! (Unresponsive... causes more engine noise/drone under hard acceleration... blah blah blah...)

You can't win.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    $10k is a great price for a new car with a warranty. I paid $6,000 for 90,000 mile Civic...

Any mileage numbers out there for it? I'd hope for 30 city/40 hwy ish, at least with a 1.6L and a manual transmission. It will come with a manual, right?

Edit. Oops. Should have looked harder in the forum!! Looks like a 5 speed manual gets 27/36? That is amazing!

Thanks
    Yeah, for $10k you really get a fair amount of car, and brand new. Its hard to beat that even going used...

Thanks
    the 2014 Toyota Yaris has a base price of $14,430. I would save myself $4500 and take a Micra anyday.
    I dont think I will see a Yaris around $10,000 anytime soon.

Thanks
    Hopefully they will stock some base models that cost $10,000. It always seems like the dealers stock one base model and the rest have lots of options.

Thanks
    It will be interesting to see. I know when a friend was looking at new cars, he was looking for a base model Versa because of the price. Low and behold, there were none to be found.

Thanks
    I did buy a new Versa in 2010. It was an 2009 leftover. I got it for $11,000 with 20 miles on it. It had a 5 speed, AC and a cd player. Roll up windows, manual locks, etc. Got 34ish for MPG on average. I traded it in for a loaded Sentra after a year.

Thanks
    Why did you trade it in so soon?

Thanks
    The kids were really hot in the back seat and I thought the front seats were really uncomfortable. I traded it for a loaded Sentra, back when I used to throw money away on cars...