Thread: Whats your average oil consumption (UPDATE: warranty engine replacement)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Whats your average oil consumption (UPDATE: warranty engine replacement)

My 2017 has been using a fair bit of oil since I bought it. Didnt check the oil first 8000 km. But then when I started checking. I would be down a litre of oil for every 8000. Complained at the dealer about it on my second service @ 16000km. They told me to just keep an eye on it. I made a point to go to the dealer for them to top it off everytime. At 40 000 they finally checked a few thing and ran tests. My car now has 45000 and have to add 2litres of oil every 7000km... The dealer is trying to tell me that according to Nissan Canada that it is normal oil consumption for this car..... I asked to get the service manager to contact me next week. Cause if it keeps going the way it is. Instead of fueling up, then checking the oil. Ill be adding oil, then checking the fuel level. This is complete bull****.

That said. I am actively shopping for a new, non-Nissan car. If their not gona fix it...Im getting raid of it before I have to rebuild the engine. Not sure what parts cost are for the micra. But my old 1989 civic costed me 1200$ in parts and a weekend of labouring to rebuild the motor. Cant imagine the micra being cheaper

Looking at either a 2019 subaru outback with 3.6l engine, would also install a 2" lift and agressive off road tires on it. Or the Kia Telluride. Both are nearly twice the size of the Micra. More importantly, they are not a Nissan product.
    Last edited by Chef Groleau; 10-27-2019 at 06:44 AM.