Thread: Well, winters go on next week, Micra is about stored for the year.

Thanks

Well, winters go on next week, Micra is about stored for the year.

No longer my daily commuter. Since we now carpool, we chose the fuel efficient vehicle for our daily drive.

It's the weekend and roadtrip car now. After Halifax this weekend, it likely won't move much anymore. 26,000km in 9 months, might not hit 35,000 by 2020 Christmas!

Means I can play with it a bit more now. Likely will lower it a hair, swap NST pulleys in and look into a mild hp boost in the form of either I/H/E, or a small small turbo (discussed here a half year ago or so...)

Any tips for longevity out of a stored vehicle, parked in a -20C winter for 5 months?

Last edited by nickels; 10-17-2019 at 12:11 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Micra SV manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Some fuel stabilizer might not be a bad idea. (Though I've only ever had problems with stale fuel in boat engines. My 1998 Firefly had 7 year-old fuel in it when I test-drove it, and it ran just fine.) I haven't put stabilizer in my beater Miata and it starts right up each summer.

You might want to disconnect the battery and put it on charge once in a while. Or leave it connected and put it on charge more frequently.

Any mice in the vicinity? Might want to take precautions there, too. (Google that one.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Haha, there's enough poison in the yard, no worries there. Haven't had a mouse problem since a month after we moved in.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Micra SV manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    fill the fuel tank before you park it and leave the handbrake off
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Probably a lot similar to putting a bike away for the winter. MetroMPG nailed most of it. There are trickle chargers out there.
    Only thing I didn't see is you might want to put wood between the tires and the ground if the Micra is parked on concrete. Bike tires always lose air too...not sure if car tires would do the same.

Oh and don't forget to put it on its center stand