Thread: dealer rant..not nissan

Thanks

dealer rant..not nissan

my poor , old mother took her 1994 dodge caravan with 70,000 kms on it into the dealer...new front caliper, oil and filter....ok....whatever......she tells me there is oil under car.....long story short..the oil drain plug is hand...yes hand unscrewable..tight and there is brake fluid all over one wheel where i THINK they left off the 2nd copper crush washer...day off work to help them fix it...honestly..im going to help them fix it...a learning experience for all ...we are going to have a LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOONNNNGGGGGGGGG talk.......

i honestly don't trust anyone i don't know!!!! ..i am getting too old

2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    I know what you mean about not trusting anyone. No one takes any pride in their work anymore all they're after is a pay check. I took a car in for an alignment one time and they forgot to tighten the locking nut on the tie rod and the tie rod backed completely out of the outer tie rod end. Luckily I was in downtown Charlotte, NC had just made a turn, was only going maybe 10-15 MPH when it happened and not out on the open road going 55-70 MPH like I normally drove. That was a mistake that could have easily cost me, anyone else in my car and anyone close by on foot or in another car their life. You can bet I went back and had a couple choice words with the owner of the shop that did the alignment and never took my car back there for anything. I seldom take my car to a mechanic but some things such as alignments I can't do myself. I have chronic back pain too so between the pain and getting older I can't do as much of my own work as I used to and what I do myself usually takes twice as long as it used to. I've got a car sitting in the garage now that I'm hoping I feel like putting a timing belt on before winter sets in. Thinking maybe I can do this next week while my wife is out of town visiting with her sisters.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Versa SV automatic: 4.7 L/100 km ... 60.3 mpg (Imp) ... 21.4 km/L ... 50.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    MrMicra - got your private message.

As for the service incident: that's terrible!

Reminds me of the time my sister-in-law called to to look at her car: "I just got back from the dealership and it's making a terrible noise." I start it - seems fine. I drive it a few hundred feet and there's a heck of a racket in the front end. Because the lug nuts were only on FINGER TIGHT and were starting to back off!

Why does your mom want to get rid of a van with 70k km on it??

As to your PM question about small SUV's, honestly, I have no idea. I'm really not current on those kinds of cars at all, and which ones have what type of transmissions.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Another incident I forgot to mention. My son and his wife's took her car for a service at a Hyundai dealer about 1-2 months ago for it's regular service. A few days later they smelled something coming from the engine area and upon inspection found the technician had left the oil cap off and it had spewed oil all over the engine. It wasn't low enough on oil that it should hurt anything just made a big mess. As anyone that's worked with cars knows just spilling 1 or 2 ounces of oil runs everywhere and looks like you've spilled a gallon.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Versa SV automatic: 4.7 L/100 km ... 60.3 mpg (Imp) ... 21.4 km/L ... 50.2 mpg (US) ...