Thread: 2015 Nissan Micra: Tiny Size, Tiny price (Epoch Times)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2015 Nissan Micra: Tiny Size, Tiny price (Epoch Times)

Name:  epochtimesmicra.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  86.0 KB

Here is a quick but level headed review of the Micra. I rather enjoy her analysis of the interior.

- Durable
    - Simple interior layout - "the complete lack of an idiotic touch screen"

Dislikes:
    - A little noisy over 110km/h
    - $9998 is a car very few will buy

Overall:

The 2015 Micra is completely adequate in every possible way. There’s just something wonderful about that.
    2015 Nissan Micra: Tiny Size, Tiny price

Thanks
    Okay, I'm going to take issue with this laughable statement in the review:

1.6L DOHC 4–cylinder engine producing 109 hp and 107 lb.-ft. of torque. Unlike ridiculous non-cars that will get you killed on the highway (anything with under 90 hp) this is a real car. It can travel from 0 to 100 km/hr in 11 seconds, which is completely fine.
    So, more than 11 sec 0-100 km/h will get you killed? Seriously? That's utter B.S!

There are easily millions of cars on the road in North America that "slow", old and new. My own car takes ~14 sec to 100, and I've never once had to redline it through the gears to get on a highway.

Also: "anything with under 90 hp"...

That is probably a veiled reference to the Chevy Spark and Mitsubishi Mirage, the two competing cars closest to Micra's price point and size. Both have less than 90 hp, and guess what, ridiculous reviewer woman? The least powerful of those (the Mirage with 74 hp) can get to 60 mph in 10.9 seconds. With the freakin' CVT! (Car and Driver)

Dumb, dumb, dumb!

The Micra is a capable, decent car. There was no need to unwittingly reveal your utter ignorance and ridiculousness to get that point across.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    OK, this reviewer is bad.

Leaving out the expensive (and generally crappy and noisy) CVT ... means you’re less likely to visit the mechanic in tears when the warranty runs out.
    Pretty dumb (and unsubstantiated) to slam CVT's like that, considering Nissan (through JATCO) is a leading producer of them (even for other automakers). They're used extensively in their lineup, with Micra being the exception to the rule.

Dumb review!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Not one reviewer has mentioned the lack of a temperature gauge, dead pedal, nor the ability to select options individually as a dislike, further demonstrating to me that these journalists aren't really all that knowledgeable when it comes to cars. They simply have a word quota to meet and a lack of imagination.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-31-2014)

Thanks
    Good points.

I thought there was a dead pedal. Maybe in the SR?

Thanks
    No dead pedal in the SV trim, and only one grab handle.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...