Thread: Versa Owner on a Micra Forum

Thanks

Versa Owner on a Micra Forum

I'm in the US and own a 2016 Versa SV sedan. The Versa was involved in a rear end collision when it only had about 10K miles and got tagged with a rebuilt title. I bought it after it was repaired with the rebuilt title. It had 10546 miles and I got it for $5300. It currently has just over 16K miles. Thought since the Micra was the Canadian counterpart of the Versa I'd join the forum and see if I could read and learn a little bit more about our cars. If anyone is interested I've posted all my fuel purchases for the Versa since I bought it in a fuel log so am starting to get a baseline established but it hasn't been driven much in winter weather yet so I expect mileage to drop and get a better baseline established by about the end of February 2020 when I've been tracking mileage for a full year. Since I'm in the US and entered miles/gallons my log will show up as MPG instead of L/100KM. My Versa has the CVT instead of the standard manual or automatic transmission available in the Micra. Most of my driving consists of rural roads in the 45-55 MPH range.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Versa SV automatic: 4.7 L/100 km ... 60.3 mpg (Imp) ... 21.4 km/L ... 50.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Welcome, 2016 Versa!

Quote Originally Posted by 2016 Versa View Post
    Thought since the Micra was the Canadian counterpart of the Versa I'd join the forum and see if I could read and learn a little bit more about our cars.
    If you haven't seen a Micra, you'd feel right at home inside one. Many of the interior components (dash, seats, switchgear) are shared between cars. Not to mention they have the same engine. Oh, and they're built in the same factory in Mexico.

We used to have the Versa sedan in Canada, but Nissan decided to swap it out for the Micra because apparently Canadians much prefer small hatchbacks over small sedans.

Related thread: Nissan cancelling Versa sedan in favour of $10,000 Micra

I've posted all my fuel purchases for the Versa since I bought it in a fuel log
    5.0 L/100 km / 47.2 mpg (US) ... nicely done!

My Versa has the CVT instead of the standard manual or automatic transmission available in the Micra. Most of my driving consists of rural roads in the 45-55 MPH range.
    That CVT does wonders for fuel economy, keeping the revs way down in fuel-sipping territory when you don't demand power. The Versa Note got the CVT here, but the Micra's automatic has always been a 4-speed slushbox / torque converter style. If I'm not mistaken, the Versa's Note's fuel economy rating was better than the Micra's.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    PS: are you on the Versa forum as well? Is it busy / good?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome. I am on a few Nissan/Versa forums. None of them are extremely busy. This one seems to be the best and busiest I've found. https://www.nissanversaforums.com/index.php I've worked hard this summer trying to keep the gas mileage up but expect to soon see those numbers start dropping as winter blend gas comes back and colder temperatures start taking over. I'm sure a dedicated hypermiler could do much better than I do. My main goals and about the only things I do that most drivers don't are keep speed/rpm's under control, do lots of coasting when coming up to traffic lights/stop signs, and trying to time traffic lights the best I can. I've even used the a/c some this summer but on days that I could do without it I'd roll down the windows.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Versa SV automatic: 4.7 L/100 km ... 60.3 mpg (Imp) ... 21.4 km/L ... 50.2 mpg (US) ...