Thread: Nissan recall for reverse camera

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Nissan recall for reverse camera

Nissan is recalling almost every 2018-2019 car it has sold in Canada & the U.S. because the reverse camera display system does not meet regulations -- it's a software issue.

As part of a safety campaign that affects 1.2 million vehicles, including 126,195 in Canada, Nissan is recalling 2018-2019 Altima, Frontier, GT-R, Kicks, Leaf, Maxima, Murano, NV, NV200, Pathfinder, Qashqai, Rogue, Sentra, Titan and Versa Note models, as well as 2018-2019 Infiniti Q50, Q60, Q70, Q70L, QX30, QX50, QX60 and QX80 models.
    Source: https://www.guideautoweb.com/en/arti...ck-up-display/

The issue:

Nissan says in government documents posted Tuesday that owners can adjust the camera displays so the image isn’t visible. The displays will keep that setting the next time the vehicles are shifted into reverse. That violates federal safety standards.
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...splay-problem/

Oddly, the Micra isn't in the list of affected vehicles, despite the Versa Note being included. I would have assumed they share the same part, since much of the interior including dashboard components are shared with the Micra.

I'll be a little surprised if this isn't an oversight.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (02-13-2021)