Thread: Center Console From Aliexpress

Thanks

Center Console From Aliexpress

Since downgrading from a luxury vehicle (Hummer H3) to a Micra, I find there are some things lacking - of course. I don't want to spend a fortune accessorizing it, yet I want some of the nice features I was accustomed to. One of those features is extra storage. Funny how we form habits - I found that every time I got in the car I would reach for the console to toss the items in my hand but would have to lean over the passenger seat and put them in the glove box as there is a lack of storage in the Micra. The solution - A fairly inexpensive center console from Aliexpress.

It turned out to be a tad more difficult to install because of some poor design choices by Nissan, I actually had to get hubby to cut off the shaft for the arm rest as it protruded into the side of the console and would also be a hassle when my PU leather seat covers arrive. In the end we got it installed and I'm very happy with the results

Before:
    Name:  console before.jpg
Views: 3161
Size:  94.9 KB
    After:
    Name:  console after.jpg
Views: 2745
Size:  93.7 KB

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7YXaCmYFHA

Here is the seller on Aliexpress:
    http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bGTYelQu
    The brand can also be found on Amazon:
    https://amzn.to/2YPFvIA

Last edited by MetroMPG; 08-13-2019 at 11:33 AM. Reason: (embedded vid)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MicraBling For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-13-2019)

Thanks
    Looks good. I liked the video review/install. It will be very helpful to others trying to do something like this. Looks like there was more to it to remove the armrest than what it first appears. I have an SR and it also has the factory fold down armrest. I like how you stabilized it so that it wouldn't be loose. You did a great job.

Thanks
    Thanks LilGeckos. The factory armrest was quite a pain in the arse LOL Took hubby about 20 minutes with a hacksaw to cut it off, I looked through every manual I could find and called the dealer and nobody seemed to know how to remove the shaft. Not sure why Nissan didn't just include a center console and ditch the chair armrest. It would also be a big problem for leather seat covers (which I plan on getting) as the metal shaft was stuck out about 3/4 of an inch past the foam...Poor design really. The console definitely requires some trim tape to keep it stable. It fits quite well but shifts a little when opening and closing it. The tape kept in stable.

Thanks
    Nice!!

I embedded your video (great job) and will add this to the DIY/Customizations list.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...