Thread: Armrest Removal

Thanks

Armrest Removal

So I bought a pretty nifty center console for the micra but I needed to remove the armrest - No problem. So I thought.
    After removal, there's still a shaft sticking out far enough to strike the new console. I don't care much about the hole in the fabric as I'll patch that and I'm getting seat covers. But has anyone removed the shaft?
    If so, could you tell me how to go about it.

Name:  armrest.jpg
Views: 2778
Size:  95.7 KB

Thanks!

UPDATE: had to grind the shaft off. See:
    Thread: Center Console From Aliexpress

Thanks
    I'm pretty sure all Canadian Micras have side airbags - mine does.
    There are lots of seat covers available that are safe for seats with airbags.

Thanks
    micrabling..your talking to yourself..lol...GREAT job on the updates....you may push me over the edge to get the center console....FYI a 2015 S model didnt have the great big shaft and armrest...so i should have far less problems than you did
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Funny, the person I was responding to must have left the forum - ehh but hey, I talk to myself all the time anyway LOL.
    I don't have any idea why they bothered to put the dinky armrest on the upgraded models. Lucky for you, yes you'll have no problems at all. We ended up having to cut off the shaft with a hacksaw. And I do suggest some mounting tape to keep the console firmly in place.

https://www.colorfulcanary.com/2019/...y-car-for.html