Thread: 2018 Micra OEM mudflap install, kind of a how to?

Thanks

2018 Micra OEM mudflap install, kind of a how to?

Well, that was INSANELY easy.

Here's my extensive write up.

Flaps are embossed. FR LH, FR RH, RR LH, RR RH.

Fronts, hold in position. Remove the 2 clips that are where the flap goes. (I cut mine out I HATE properly removing trim clips). Wash the dirt off, install new clips through flaps.

Rear, the three holes to be drilled in the bumper are premarked! Woohoo! Just use a drill bit a hair bigger than the screw shank. The instructions tell you to remove the tire, which is absolutely unnecessary! You can flex the bumper enough to drill beside the tire. Even with a long drill bit, the underside has enough give to be drilled head on if you pull it down.

Remove the screws, Install the clips as stated (lip to inside, flat part to flaps). Again, using a longer driver bit to avoid the tire and by pulling the inside lip out a bit, secure the flaps. (Did you wash before you did this? Good job).

Only note not listed in the instructions, the metal tab that catches the screw will deform flat. So when you think its snug, give the screws a few more turns until it truly bottoms out.

Under 5 minutes for me, tools required were a screw driver and a drill and bit.

This forum HATES doing photos properly, but oh well.
    Name:  20190719_095444.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  95.6 KB
    Name:  20190719_113026.jpg
Views: 1753
Size:  98.5 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Micra SV manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Nice! I bought mine aftermarket on Aliexpress and can't for the life of me get a tight fit like yours.

Thanks
    The Chinese ones were meant for the earlier international models. The front ones fit okay with a bit of finangling. I found if you start at the bottom hole, and reuse the OEM clip, it mostly bends into shape as you work your way up. The rear bumper is supposed to having a different profile on our North American (facelifted) models, and so the rear flaps require a bit more massaging to make them fit. One of these days, I'll get around to installing them

Thanks
    Ah yes makes sense. The front do seem to mold to the body a little better. There's some strange tab on the bottom of the rear that seems to not line up with anything, I was thinking of attaching it with molding tape rather than drill holes, but I highly doubt it will hold. I just may opt for straight rubber flaps. I've already scratched a bit of paint off the bumper trying to get the Chinese ones to fit.

Thanks
    None of the holes on my rear pair actually line up with the bumper in any way. Best I could get it to fit on a mock up required drilling new holes on the flaps as well. Would definitely need to get some small screw retainers to make that work. As for the bottom tab, yeah.... more drilling. But since it's a nice big hole, you could get a nice flat body clip to go in there instead of a nut/bolt combo that would probably rust out.