Thread: Gotta love the factory tires.

Thanks

Gotta love the factory tires.

FR710s are down to an average depth of 5 mil after just 17,000km.

Can't wait to be done with these things. At this pace, itll take less than 24,000km to burn them off completely.

Fronts are at 6-7/32, rears are at 4-5/32. By my next oil change they will all probably be at 3/32. Wow.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Micra SV manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I have been running them at autocross and have 6000km on them. I have already rotated them in an attempt to make them last but they are garbage. The tires on my dads chevy spark are holding up much better.

Thanks
    I was also a little surprised at how much wear there is on the factory tires. I saw it at my last service, can't remember the exact number, but I bought the car last year, and I know I'll be replacing the tires next summer for sure. Just a couple thousand away from my 24k service interval.

Thanks
    any feathering on the tire itself? or is it a different stock tire than the 2015 era?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I tried to check mine with a looney on edge & decided to get a proper depth gauge.
    I have just under 6 MM on the fronts & just over 6 MM on the rears with 41K.
    Apparently your results will vary, depending on the driver I assume.
    This fall I may purchase proper winter tires & have them mounted on my original steel wheels
    which will extend the life of the factory tires, which are not that great in ice & snow.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    I am hard on my tires but they have lots of feathering and are falling apart. After the same amount of autocross and several thousand more kilometers the chevy spark tires still look good. I dont know if other micras had different stock tires but the firestone fr710 on my 2019 are not good.

Last edited by Buckit14; 07-22-2019 at 09:41 PM.