Thread: What else is in your garage? (real or virtual)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

What else is in your garage? (real or virtual)

Hello fellow Micradites!

I saw the thread on what we used to drive prior to the Gods creating the Micra. It was last posted a while ago so I thought I would start a new thread with a twist. What do all of you have as a second or primary vehicle, recreational or otherwise?

First a little paragraph on how the Micra is soooo cool to me. I have about 2,500 kms on my new Micra S and feel like a teenager again. I've driven a '76 Datsun B210 4 speed manual, 80's Hyundai Accent 5 speed manual, '84 Honda Accord hatchback 5 speed manual, '91 Dodge Shadow 5 speed manual, '95 Chev half tonne 5 speed manual (yes!) and then a Hyundai Accent 5 speed as well (kids started then) - all a long time ago. For the past 10 years and 300,000km's later it's been a Ford F150 6 speed automatic with accompanying Dodge Grand Caravan my better half drives. I loved that truck but rust and too many repairs needed it to go. Another truck was just way too expensive considering I have 4 kids going to university in the next 5 years. I hate buying used so as a CPA...hey what's the cheapest car in Canada? I've heard about the Micra and the customization for Canada as well as the race series. It was really a no brainer when I found out how the "S" was a back too basics car. I could teach the kids how to drive a stick and then let one of the kids commute with it to university...then another truck!

Well as all best laid plans...I'm not giving up the Micra! I find it really interesting to drive a basic car again. The engine sounds great and has loads of power compared to all the 4 bangers I drove in the past. Just the right acceleration to not get you into trouble and still be fun.

Well that was long winded...sorry...but I'm telling you I've never been so pumped about a new car and with the money I'm saving it's a double whammie. My commute is 120km round trip so the gas savings from the truck is paying for the car and then some.

Pics below are the new 2019 Micra S - tried to put my old Datsun B210 badge on it (profile pic) but wouldn't stick (any suggestions for that? I tried silicone)

My old 2010 F150 with 300k km's and my son's new to him 1990 F150 with only 127k km's on it - barn find! It has the same options as the Micra S except no back-up camera and blue tooth lol

Last pic is my youngest (several years ago) washing my Goldwing. It's my therapy! - I put about 12,000km's a year on it and do an annual 7 day trip to the Adirondacks.

So again...what are your other joys besides the Micra? Really like this forum (Thanks MetroMPG & Daox) and I can't believe how much I like the car. With no air I was planning on taking the bike in the summer...more often than not it's the "Datsun"
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Datsun B210 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-08-2019)